[SOLVED] Cannot remove a website link from Google new tab search page ?

Sep 26, 2021
Hi,

Good Day to you!I am unable to remove the youtube link below google search bar as shown in the attachment. I have clicked on the pencil icon at the right bottom corner to hide all shortcuts but failed.Kindly please let me know how to remove this youtube link from the new tab page.

Thank you.

Solution
Assuming you are using Windows 10...

Log out from Chrome > Use Revo Uninstaller to unisntall Chrome completely > Open CMD as admin and execute the following command netsh winsock reset > Restart the machine when prompted > Download Chrome fresh installation file > Restart the machine in safe mode and install Chrome > Restart in normal mode
Sep 26, 2021
There are no 3 dots for me to remove.The 3 dots are only available for icon shortcuts but not for website url.I have searched all over the internet and youtube videos but no such information can be found.How can I post my attachment ?I couldn't find the 'attach file' function in this forum.I am currently using Chrome Version 94.0.4606.61 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Assuming you are using Windows 10...

Log out from Chrome > Use Revo Uninstaller to unisntall Chrome completely > Open CMD as admin and execute the following command netsh winsock reset > Restart the machine when prompted > Download Chrome fresh installation file > Restart the machine in safe mode and install Chrome > Restart in normal mode

Solution