Cannot remove bluetooth mouse from devices window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breserk

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Hi everybody,

I have a Microsoft 5000 bluetooth mouse which doesn't work ever since I updated my bluetooth drivers. My bluetooth keyboard and numpad work fine. I want to re-pair it with the computer but Windows will not display any device which is already installed when looking for devices and my mouse currently shows up in the devices and printers window. I want to remove the mouse from this window but it is the only device which doesn't have a "remove device" option when I click it. The keyboard and the numpad both have this option...

How can I remove this device so I can pair it again with the computer?

Thanks!

Breserk

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012

SOLVED!

After several days of rummaging through the internet and consulting Microsoft support I finally found the solution in the windows7forums.com website's forums: http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/52313-ms-bluetooth-notebook-mouse-5000-not-working.html

The solution:
Go to START icon and type in services.msc and select services.

The dialog box that opens has a long list of stuff but look for BLUETOOTH SUPPORT SERVICE. Double click to open. Make sure it is AUTOMATIC. Go to the LOG tab. Choose THIS ACCOUNT and type in LOCAL SERVICE. A list of password (a 15-dot string) would appear. Delete all the password in the PASSWORD and under CONFIRM. Choose Okay.

It will ask you to restart the service. Once restarted, turn on your bluetooth adaptor again. Put your mouse in pairing mode and add the mouse. It works perfectly!!!

I'd be very happy if one of you could please explain to me why this solution works (I can finally remove the mouse from the devices list) and should I change back to the default settings after applying the changes written above. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.