Cannot required files. Make sure all files... Error code: 0x8007025D

GamingChip

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2014
Im installing windows 10 off a usb i made with the windows media kit thing. And i keep getting this error after i thought it was home free when i changed the partition to gpt or whatever. So is this a hard drive issue or what? Cause im just getting pissed after 5 days of issues.

System specs:
AMD fx-4100
GTX 1050 ti
Asus - M5A97 LE R2.0
WD Blue 1 tb
Corsair - Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 1000W
(Trying to install Windows 10 x64)

Thanks for the help or just reading anyway!

Solution
Looks like this can happen, if the ram is faulty.

Try doing it with 1 stick of ram. If it does the same thing try the other stick

I would also test the ram with memtest

I would start again and use rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/ if you've got the ISO. It may also be a bad download / ISO

If you use rufus, put the flash drive in a port, (it'll format it), change it to GPT add ISO. Click on start

Wait for it to finish. Then reboot / boot from it

Looks like this can happen, if the ram is faulty.

Try doing it with 1 stick of ram. If it does the same thing try the other stick

I would also test the ram with memtest

I would start again and use rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/ if you've got the ISO. It may also be a bad download / ISO

If you use rufus, put the flash drive in a port, (it'll format it), change it to GPT add ISO. Click on start

Wait for it to finish. Then reboot / boot from it

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
why did you change partition to gpt? it should be doing that itself during the install

As for that error code, I hate it is it can be all sorts of things
It can be caused by the USB you are using
Potential solutions:
Installing with just 1 ram stick
Disconnecting all external devices except mouse/kb
Creating partitions on the drive before installing win 10 onto one (see post 19 in link below)
Installing the wrong version of windows 10, so using Pro when licence matches Home
Now my idea was to see what happens if I try to boot up my computer normally by removing the flash drive. Well, the setup continued at the point where it asks which settings it should use (express or custom settings). About two minutes later I saw the Windows Desktop. YAY!

I still have no idea what the problem really was but I think the setup process from the flash drive has problems to read the data from the SSD. But since the setup process already copied it to the SSD you can directly run it by booting from there.

Disconnect any extra internal drives
Try a different USB slot

All these came from https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/13475-failed-during-clean-install-error-code-0x8007025d.html (as did the quote) as the problem hasn't got just 1 solution.

GamingChip

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2014
Well boys it seemed like one stick worked even though im pretty sure that was one of the first things i tried. Would it be best to just get a new 4gb stick, buy a new double/single of 8gb, or can i reinstall this one? Cause im pretty sure it means the one i have out is corrupt no?