Question Cannot run Intel HD Graphics Driver, will not install

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
My system has Intel HD4000 integrated graphics but seems for some time I no longer have the driver, my system only acknowledges the nVidia 750TI I installed. This is currently a double problem for me.

1 - I am not sure if due to a problem the nVidia card fails I will have graphics.

2 - I am currently trying to fix an issue with OBS showing black screen when trying to record some programs. One of the solutions shown is to force OBS to use the integrated graphics instead of nVidia but I cannot do that as my system does not show one existing.

I tried installing the Intel HD Graphics Driver, I get The Computer Does Not Meet the Minimum Requirements for Installing the Software error. Am I being perma-blocked from using the integrated graphics?

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
Taken from DxDiag.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

Motherboard - not sure how to tell, it is a older Dell system that is out of warranty.

CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
So I found a video showing how to fix this but it requires I use a INF file from a folder. I only have a EXE file, if I open the EXE in a program like 7ZIP I see other files stored in it. Is there a way to get the needed INF file out of the EXE for me to use or is there another download location where I can get the INF?

TRENDING THREADS