Question Cannot run more than one Displayport.

Jan 31, 2021
Hello. I have an issue that has been bothering me for the past few months. I cannot find anything on it at all. The rundown of the issue is that I want to run my VR headset and my monitor at the same time. But for some reason, my GPU will only detect the VR headset and monitor in the first port, so if I wish to use my VR headset, I have to unplug my main monitor and plug in the VR cables or vice versa. I am running a Valve Index, and an Acer XFA240 monitor. My GPU is a Gigabyte Aorus 2080 Super, the sealed water-cooled one. I forget if it is called waterforce or not. Let me know if anyone has any information on how I can fix this or any ideas. Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to first make sure that the BIOS on your motherboard is pending any updates. Then check to see if you're on the latest version of Windows 10. At the time of writing, we're on version 20H2. You should also see if reinstalling your GPU drivers changes your experience.

As for reinstalling your GPU drivers, first source the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall your drivers. Once uninstalled, reinstall your latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator

Jan 31, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to first make sure that the BIOS on your motherboard is pending any updates. Then check to see if you're on the latest version of Windows 10. At the time of writing, we're on version 20H2. You should also see if reinstalling your GPU drivers changes your experience.

As for reinstalling your GPU drivers, first source the latest GPU drivers from Nvidia's support site, then use DDU to uninstall your drivers. Once uninstalled, reinstall your latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator
Thank you for the welcome! I followed all of the steps provided, Updated my bios, and reinstalled my GPU drivers, Windows 10 was already at the latest. But sadly, I still cannot use my other 2 ports. I have no clue what to do now. Might have to file a claim on the warranty if there is 2 dead ports.