Question Cannot see AIO fans in ICUE

Oct 23, 2022
I installed a Corsair H150i Elite Capellix AIO yesterday and the included Commander Core hub was broken so I plugged the fans into the Lightning Node that comes pre-installed in my Corsair ICUE 5000X RGB case while I wait to hear from Corsair about a replacement.

I cannot find anywhere to be able to control the fans. If I remember correctly, this AIO should have some kind of internal software that allows it to basically run at zero when the system is idle but the fans are constantly running full bore.

Also, the RGB on the Pump should be controllable with ICUE but I can't find anywhere to control that either. The pump is plugged into the normal ports it needs to be, the CPU FAN 1 header and whatever the other connector is lol. I followed Corsair's video for the whole thing.

I can see the Lightning Node in ICUE and I can control the RGB with all 6 of the fans connected to it (3 case fans and the 3 AIO fans) but I cannot control the speed of any of the fans.

Is this simply because the Lightning Node doesn't allow for that? Or am I missing something?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
With lighted fans (or other items), the LIGHTS are powered and controlled separately form the FAN motors. In your situation you have the lights of many items connected to the Lighting Node unit, and that CAN do the job for the LIGHTS ONLY in those items.

The missing Commander Core unit can power and control BOTH fan motors (and pump motor) and lights. You don't have that right now. So the system defaults to a mode that guarantees full cooling to avoid any possibility of overheating. That means full speed fans on the rad, for example. When you DO get the replacement Commander Core and install it properly, you will get the control you need using the iCUE software utility.

I installed a Corsair H150i Elite Capellix AIO yesterday and the included Commander Core hub was broken so I plugged the fans into the Lightning Node that comes pre-installed in my Corsair ICUE 5000X RGB case while I wait to hear from Corsair about a replacement.

I cannot find anywhere to be able to control the fans. If I remember correctly, this AIO should have some kind of internal software that allows it to basically run at zero when the system is idle but the fans are constantly running full bore.

Also, the RGB on the Pump should be controllable with ICUE but I can't find anywhere to control that either. The pump is plugged into the normal ports it needs to be, the CPU FAN 1 header and whatever the other connector is lol. I followed Corsair's video for the whole thing.

I can see the Lightning Node in ICUE and I can control the RGB with all 6 of the fans connected to it (3 case fans and the 3 AIO fans) but I cannot control the speed of any of the fans.

Is this simply because the Lightning Node doesn't allow for that? Or am I missing something?
Lightning node is for lights only. You need the Core to control fans.