Cannot select partition in Windows install

vreauajutor

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hello.

I currently have Windows XP installed on a computer. I decided to upgrade to Windows 7, I bought a new SATA2 500GB Samsung HDD and tried to install Windows from DVD. I have another 80GB SATA WD HDD and an IDE LG DVD-Writer.

The first problem was that during installation, I received an error: "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disc, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now". I downloaded from Gygabye site an ATi SATA2 RAID Driver, but when I loaded it appeared as unsupported, tried to install it anyway didn't work.

After that I tried to install it from USB memory stick. The previous error was gone, but instead I had another one "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition". Same error when tried to select either of the two hard drives.

Tried splitting the 500GB HDD into 2 partitions, I unplugged the 80GB HDD and the DVD-Writer. Nothing.
When I removed the USB memory stick, and tried selecting again a partition, another error "Windows is unable to install to the selected location"

Anyone has any idea what is wrong? I am out of ideas.
I've read the forum and I saw that these problems are pretty usual, but the solution is every time different.

These are the settings from BIOS:

TRENDING THREADS