Cannot send email in windows live mail

margo50

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
i can download email from my email server but i cannot reply, forward or create new email, for all i get a message that says 'a problem occured while openning this message, a problem has occured, please try again. or 'an error occured while trying to forward to replying to this message. there is no error reason provided or error number. it worked fine for a few years and then this error message starting to occur. i have checked the server addresses for incoming/outgoing and they appear to be correct,
any suggestons?

margo50

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
how do i do that? i ran the troubleshoot compatibility but i get an error message there as well-'an unexpected error occured while trouble shooting: an error has occured the trouble shooting wizard cannot continue.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished
Go into your windows live mail and open the "Accounts" tab and then click "Properties". In the window that pops up select the "Advanced" tab. In the box next to "Incoming Mail(SMTP)" enter 465 and make sure that the checkbox below that is checked. In the box next to "Outgoing Mail(POP3)" enter 995 and make sure that the checkbox below that is checked. Click "Apply" at the bottom of the window and then close the window.Now you should be able to accese your mail and send mail. If you still cannot send then use port 993 for outgoing.

JKatwyopc

Distinguished

You may need to contact your e-mail provider and ask them what ports and configuration settings to use. BTW you do have POP3 access to you e-mail account right. Many free e-mail providers charge a yearly access fee in order to use POP3 to access your mail through an e-mail client such as Windows Live Mail.