[SOLVED] Cannot set User Name for outgoing server in email settings using Outlook 2016

Nov 24, 2020
In Outlook 2007 there's a screen named Internet E-mail Settings that can be invoked when you are setting up an account and click the more settings button. There's a tab on that screen named Outgoing Server. If you check the top check box you can choose a radio button named 'Log on using'. If you check that radio button, you can enter the credentials of an email address. In Outlook 2016, I cannot find the option to add that email address (which is the user name). I use this Log on using option because I use email addresses that I create on my domain. Is there something I'm missing when I set up the account?

Fortunately, I found a way around this by forwarding the emails sent to my domain email to the email from the ISP. But, the email address used when replying is the ISP email. So I want to fix this problem. This is for my wife, and I want her to use Outlook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2020
Thank you for responding to my question. I am asking about Outlook 2016. My question is how do I do something in Outlook 2016 that I can do in Outlook 2007. Also, this is something for my wife, she knows how to use Outlook and is not going to learn how to use another client.

Nov 24, 2020
OK, it looks like there's a special setup that my domain hosting company has for Outlook 2016. So, I'm going to close this by marking this reply as the solution.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS