Question Cannot shutdown or restart PC properly + Realtek gone from device manager

Jul 7, 2021
So let me just start off with everything was working fine just the other day, but when I got on my PC today I noticed that:

1. It couldn't detect my headset at all which was normally shown as a Realtek High Definition Audio device.
  2. Realtek High Definition Audio was missing from device manager (show hidden devices was on).
  3. When I try to shutdown or restart from the PC it just goes into a sleep like stage while it's shutting down. The monitor, mouse and keyboard turns off completely, but the fans and other PC components are still running, Manual shutdown and startup works without any issues.
What I've tried:
Reinstalling the Realtek drivers, but since the PC wasn't able to restart properly on it's own I had to manually turn it off and on during the installation. After the installation I still couldn't find Realtek in device manager.
Reinstall the system and I still had to reboot my PC manually during the reinstall. It didn't solve any of the issues and even after the reset Realtek audio was missing from device manager.
Reinstalling Realtek drivers after the factory reset.

Even though I didn't get any errors I'm not sure if the factory reset was successful, since I had to reboot manually, and after the reset I still had everything left in my D drive even though I choose to delete everything.

Disk Manager: image here

CPU: i5 8400 2.80GHz
Motherboard: MS-B9181
BIOS Version: 8.40
Ram: 2x16GB Sodimm 1064MHz
SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG MZVLW128HEGR-00000
HDD: 1TB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0
GPU: GTX 1080 4GB
PSU: 450W
Chassis: MSI Aegis 3 8RC Tower

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

it's a good idea to parse your system's specs while posting a troubleshooting thread. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU if the system has been built a while ago. You will need to include the version for your OS if you're on Windows 10. Speaking of version, include the BISO version for your motherboard at the time of writing. Chances are that you're suffering from either an OS corruption which is preventing you from rebooting like normal and the missing audio device or that your SSD/HDD is faulty or failing, meaning that it's incurred some sort of bad sector/damage(due to wear and tear).

Please note, that factory reset of your OS doesn't do much good, and as such a reinstall of the OS is advised. Can you parse a screenshot of what you're seeing in Disk Manager? Upload the image on Imgur and then parse the link to said image here.

Jul 7, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

it's a good idea to parse your system's specs while posting a troubleshooting thread. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the age of the PSU if the system has been built a while ago. You will need to include the version for your OS if you're on Windows 10. Speaking of version, include the BISO version for your motherboard at the time of writing. Chances are that you're suffering from either an OS corruption which is preventing you from rebooting like normal and the missing audio device or that your SSD/HDD is faulty or failing, meaning that it's incurred some sort of bad sector/damage(due to wear and tear).

Please note, that factory reset of your OS doesn't do much good, and as such a reinstall of the OS is advised. Can you parse a screenshot of what you're seeing in Disk Manager? Upload the image on Imgur and then parse the link to said image here.
Just updated the thread
Thanks for the info!

TRENDING THREADS