Cannot start CLIPBOOK service

We cannot start the CLIPBOOK service. When trying to start the service we
receive the error:

"Could not start the ClipBook service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The
dependency service or group failed to start."

Nevertheless, we can start the ClipBook Viewer, but it only shows the
current clipboard. The "Window" menu does not show an option for displaying
the "Local ClipBook," but does show an option for showing the clipboard.
The ClipBook Viewer HELP says there should be a "Local ClipBook" option on
the "Window" menu for selecting the local ClipBook. Can anyone help us
resolve this problem? Shouldn't the Clipbook already exist in Windows XP
Professional?

Thanks for any help,

Richard

Are Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM enabled and running?
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/Archive/service411.htm#ClipBook

--
Bob Dietz

Richard Wilkinson wrote:
> We cannot start the CLIPBOOK service. When trying to start the service
> we receive the error:
>
> "Could not start the ClipBook service on Local Computer. Error 1068:
> The dependency service or group failed to start."
>
> Nevertheless, we can start the ClipBook Viewer, but it only shows the
> current clipboard. The "Window" menu does not show an option for
> displaying the "Local ClipBook," but does show an option for showing the
> clipboard. The ClipBook Viewer HELP says there should be a "Local
> ClipBook" option on the "Window" menu for selecting the local ClipBook.
> Can anyone help us resolve this problem? Shouldn't the Clipbook already
> exist in Windows XP Professional?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Richard

Thanks for the reply Bob. The Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM were not
running, but are now enabled and the ClipBook service has started properly.
Nevertheless, this has not resolved our original problem. We still cannot
open our local clipbook from within the clipbook viewer. The Local ClipBook
item does not appear on the WINDOW menu as it should (according to the
online help). The CLIPBOARD is the only item that can be selected from the
WINDOW menu of ClipBook Viewer. Can't figure out what has happened to our
ClipBook? Is the ClipBook a file, say like the Address Book? How do we
know if the ClipBook file is missing or how to restore it, if this is the
problem?

Thanks,
Richard
Email: mailrichard@msn.com

*****************************

Richard Wilkinson wrote:
> Thanks for the reply Bob. The Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM were not
> running, but are now enabled and the ClipBook service has started
> properly. Nevertheless, this has not resolved our original problem. We
> still cannot open our local clipbook from within the clipbook viewer.
> The Local ClipBook item does not appear on the WINDOW menu as it should
> (according to the online help). The CLIPBOARD is the only item that can
> be selected from the WINDOW menu of ClipBook Viewer. Can't figure out
> what has happened to our ClipBook? Is the ClipBook a file, say like the
> Address Book? How do we know if the ClipBook file is missing or how to
> restore it, if this is the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> Email: mailrichard@msn.com
>
> *****************************
> "Bob Dietz" <rbdietz_1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> Are Network DDE and Network DDE DSDM enabled and running?
>> http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/Archive/service411.htm#ClipBook
>>
>> --
>> Bob Dietz
>>
>> Richard Wilkinson wrote:
>>
>>> We cannot start the CLIPBOOK service. When trying to start the
>>> service we receive the error:
>>>
>>> "Could not start the ClipBook service on Local Computer. Error 1068:
>>> The dependency service or group failed to start."
>>>
>>> Nevertheless, we can start the ClipBook Viewer, but it only shows the
>>> current clipboard. The "Window" menu does not show an option for
>>> displaying the "Local ClipBook," but does show an option for showing
>>> the clipboard. The ClipBook Viewer HELP says there should be a "Local
>>> ClipBook" option on the "Window" menu for selecting the local
>>> ClipBook. Can anyone help us resolve this problem? Shouldn't the
>>> Clipbook already exist in Windows XP Professional?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help,
>>>
>>> Richard

Sorry. I don't know. Hopefully, some one more knowledgeable will be able
to help you.

--
Bob Dietz