Question Cannot turn PC on after CMOS reset

Aug 11, 2019
Hello,

I recently reset BIOS by removing CMOS battery, because of some issues regarding my network adapter was not working properly.

I basically removed the CMOS battery for a while then put it back again and finally turned the PC on. It turned on for 4 seconds then it turned of and then it ran on again an so on doing the same thing over and over untill I switched it by clicking a switch on a power supply.

If you people know how to help me. I would appreciate that a lot.

Thank you in advance.

You should have a record of any custom BIOS settings that differ from default BIOS settings before clearing CMOS. I suggest you post your specs. If the SATA controller on an old PC was set to IDE or AHCI mode when the OS was installed, that may differ from default settings in BIOS and prevent system from booting up. On newer PCs you don't have that problem as they don't use IDE mode anymore.

Aug 11, 2019
You should have a record of any custom BIOS settings that differ from default BIOS settings before clearing CMOS. I suggest you post your specs. If the SATA controller on an old PC was set to IDE or AHCI mode when the OS was installed, that may differ from default settings in BIOS and prevent system from booting up. On newer PCs you don't have that problem as they don't use IDE mode anymore.

Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel i7 2600
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 960
RAM: 2 x 8 Gb
MOBO: Gigabyte Z-68-XP-UD3
HDD: WD 1,5 Tb
SSD: Crucial 500 Gb

Few days before the BIOS reset I changed my SATA config from IDE to AHCI and I also had it changed in the registry, in folder storeahci(as I remember), otherwise it would not work.

I also changed the battery for the new one today.

Aug 11, 2019
I solved the problem by changing the disk for the new one to run the BIOS, I dont know how did it work but it worked.
Then I switched to my normal disk and it is working perfectly now.