Cannot Uninstall AVG PC Tuneup 2013

nowayy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
I recently installed the trial for AVG PC Tuneup 2013, after the trial had expired I tried to uninstall it but I am unable to do so. When I click uninstall using Add or Remove Programs, CCleaner, etc., the uninstaller asks me if I'm sure I want to uninstall. I click yes but the program does not get uninstalled, instead it is still present and has not uninstalled itself.

Thanks.

Solution
Revo uninstaller has a Autoruns Manager in the Tools menu... See if it can disable the application before uninstalling it. Then click on Uninstaller > Select the application > click Uninstall > Confirm with YES > Select Advanced and click Next > wait for the program to finish uninstalling and confirm again with YES > and click Next > wait for ths "Leftover Information" scanner to finish > click Next > scroll down to the highlighted key names and expand them and only check highlighted subkeys and values, and click Delete > Confirm you want to delete the registry data > click Next > the next box is the leftover program files and folders, select them and press Delete and Confirm > Next > and FINISH. And immediately restart the computer...
If the program is added to the Startup tab in msconfig, (Start > type; msconfig > Enter > Startup tab) remove the check mark to disable it, before or after check the program settings and set it to not start with Windows, restart the computer and try uninstalling AVG PC Tuneup again. You can also use Revo Uninstaller to remove it so you can delete the application's registry keys and remaining files so it's completely removed and doesn't remain active.

Revo uninstaller has a Autoruns Manager in the Tools menu... See if it can disable the application before uninstalling it. Then click on Uninstaller > Select the application > click Uninstall > Confirm with YES > Select Advanced and click Next > wait for the program to finish uninstalling and confirm again with YES > and click Next > wait for ths "Leftover Information" scanner to finish > click Next > scroll down to the highlighted key names and expand them and only check highlighted subkeys and values, and click Delete > Confirm you want to delete the registry data > click Next > the next box is the leftover program files and folders, select them and press Delete and Confirm > Next > and FINISH. And immediately restart the computer specially if some files and folders can't be deleted and Revo Uninstaller wants to delete them during the Restart.

To clear misconceptions, you can't damage the registry by deleting keys from third party applications specially unwanted applications, their registry keys are not Windows keys and their files and folders are not system files... so you can't damage the Windows Registry or System data.

If still the application is not completely uninstalled, scan the system for virus and malware and individually scan the application folder in; C: > Program files > AVG PC Tuneup 2013 folder.

If it's still not uninstalled, post here the link to the website where you downloaded it from.

Solution

nowayy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
When you say highlighted files, "scroll down to the highlighted key names and expand them and only check highlighted subkeys and values, and click Delete", do you mean the files in bold?

Right, except that the bold names are not files they are leftover registry keys and values from the removed application... so they can safely be removed.

nowayy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
The installation didn't go through but Revo force deleted the registry keys and the files of PC Tuneup, I did a restart and the program seems to be gone.
Thanks for your help.

amw998

Reputable
Apr 21, 2014

AVG has its own uninstaller that you can download from their support page:
http://kb.avg.com/articles/en_US/How_to/How-to-uninstall-AVG-PC-TuneUp/?q=uninstall+pc+tuneup&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

QUOTED SPAM REDACTED - SS

Thanks Cristina!.. your link opens a page related to Tune Up Pro which is a different program, the interesting part is the page speaks of Tune Up Pro as a virus so it must be a malicious software (Trojan Horse) and any software of that nature must be removed with the appropriate security software which should remove malicious components they can leave behind. So, I would advice you run a Antimalware to make sure it did not leave malicious files on your hard drive.

Malwarebytes Antimalware
http://es.malwarebytes.org/free/?gclid=CLX38te7w8ACFUiGfgod7zgA6A