Cannot Uninstall Encarta Spanish Deluxe 2001!

pilotforhigh

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I recently received Encarta Spanish Deluxe 2001 as a gift. I installed it onto my computer, and everything seemed to be okay. I tried to open it, and I got a message informing me that "Encarta Spanish cannot find the software components it needs to run Speech Recognition. To correct this problem, remove and then reinstall Encarta Spanish."

Which, I attempted to do. I went to uninstall the program in the control panel, and got the message "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working".

I have spent many hours online searching for ways to solve this issue. I have learned that Rundll32 is a rather obscure, and can usually be fixed pretty easily. I was advised many times to first try and uninstall certain antiviruses I might have. Then, to uninstall a software named Nero. Then, to add a command in the command prompt to turn the DEP off. Then, to click a little box that says "Always show icons, never thumbnails". Then, to rename a file called "lmpgspl.ax". I have tried every single one of these things.

I do not have any of those antiviruses such as McAfee, and I do not have any Nero software. I have tried to click that box, to no avail. I have tried disabling the DEP, also to no avail. I do not have a file on my computer called "lmpgspl.ax".

It's almost 1 in the morning, I am extremely frustrated, and at my wit's end. Someone, please help me!

Solution
The program is then likely made for 32-bit (as it is from 2001). Most 32 bit programs will run fine on 64 bit operating system, though some will have issues, and this looks like program happens to be one of them.

Carobthomp

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
Do you have any sort of antivirus program? Because if not, you should have one, more than one will cause issues, but you definitely do not want to be unprotected. I would try booting into safe mode and trying to uninstall the program, see if you get the error there.

pilotforhigh

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I will definitely look into the antivirus thing. Thank you for the advice.

After uninstalling and reinstalling, I'm still unable to install. The program is telling me that it isn't compatible with my 64bit Windows?

Carobthomp

Honorable
Nov 12, 2013
The program is then likely made for 32-bit (as it is from 2001). Most 32 bit programs will run fine on 64 bit operating system, though some will have issues, and this looks like program happens to be one of them.

Solution