Cannot uninstall integrated graphics on ET1331G-05W

wenonah

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Hello everyone.....im desperate! I am trying to upgrade my husbands computer to play Diablo III that I bought him for his birthday but emachines are awful and its all that I have. Here are the specs (sorry dont know what u need)

CPU1 : AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor 235e
(2.7GHz, 2MB L2 cache)
Operating System2 : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Chipset : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE
Memory3 : 6144MB DDR2 dual-channel (2 × 1024MB + 2 × 2048MB)
Expandable to 8GB
4 DDR2 slots (total), 0 DDR2 slot (available)
Hard Drive4 : 750GB 7200rpm SATA
Video : Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE graphics

First of all I updated the power supply to a Thermaltake TR2 600W. Then I purchased a AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 graphics card. The problem is that my computer has integrated graphics and when I go into BIOS to disable it that particular thing is greyed out and I am unable to click on it to disable it. No matter what I do I cannot install this card correctly and im so frustrated I could scream! Also, I bought him a 26" Sanyo LCD tv to use as a monitor...Do I need to hook that up a certain way? I know he wanted this game so bad and was so happy I had gone to all of these lengths to give that to him and still have yet to make it happen PLEASE HELP!!!! I have been reading and researching for a couple of weeks and even made the mistake of talking to tech support @emachines. No luck. Thanks so much and God bless!

Okay, here's my take on this (I may be way off but maybe not). You should not (nor need to) disable the integrated graphics. You probably have to "force" install the drivers for the video card. To do that using the CD that came with the graphics card, Insert CD, open CD hopefully there will be a "drivers" folder - you are looking for an inf file, something like HD66XX.inf or, conversely, you could search the cd for inf files. Launching that file should install your graphics card drivers and get you up and running...
Hope I got it...

wenonah

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

Ok...Just so I am very clear. Are you saying to do this prior to installing the card? Because putting the card in first I just get blank screen and no way to install drivers from the CD. Thank you for your help!

Just for clarification here, when you put in the graphics card, are you connecting it to the monitor at the same time? Try to put in graphics card while your computer is hooked up through the motherboard to the monitor - if the screen goes black, I would then connect the graphics card to the monitor since it should at least be able to display a usable screen (you'll then be able to adjust your screen and graphics card settings after the driver is loaded). If you do not get the "new hardware found...", you will want to use the method I showed above. If you do get the hardware message, and further says unable to find drivers, you should select "have disk" and place your CD into the computer then hopefully auto run will finish the install.
One other thing I thought of, ensure graphics card is fully seated - especially on the "back" side of it... where it clips in, often they require more force to insert than most people are comfortable with.
I hope I'm not too confusing...

wenonah

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I have tried it connected to the monitor and then to the graphics card. Both give me a blank screen with the graphics card installed. The second I uninstall the card it goes back to normal. I am positive im seating it correctly as well.

Im at a total loss! I dont know if installing the drivers from the cd first would help or if it is even possible. Im ready to take a sledge and smash this thing. lol

I'm beginning to run out of ideas here but I did notice something that may prove to be helpful. Go into BIOS, ensure plug and play is enabled (PnP or something like that)... if it is and still no luck, I would begin contact with the graphics card manufacturer (or retail outlet) about RMA procedures - actually, this new, I'd contact the retailer first.
By the way, the computer will probably not want to load (even forced) drivers for which hardware is not installed - windows quirk.

Ijammess

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Did you get this resolved? I havethe sam problem. Thanks

wenonah

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Sorry Ijammess....no luck!! Here it is March of 2013 and i've been doing this since early July 2012! One thing is sure....im determined! I see that you responded in January...holding out hope that you have had some luck, lol! Imstarting to think the only solution involves a 12 guage :(

Almost a Virgin

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Ijammess:
Did you get this resolved? I havethe sam problem. Thanks

Almost a Virgin: I experienced something similar. I just posted my solution on a different thread. Check it out if your problem persists. Seating the card on mine was stubborn because the expansion slots were not such a tight fit, the card instructions stated to tighten screw...what screw? I improvised and added my own, just to fasten the damn thing down.