Cannot Update Chipset Drivers

Joe Sizzle

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
Excuse me for being a noob but this is my first post here after weeks of searching for the solution. Some of my basic specs are NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 graphics card, 790FX-GD70(MS-7577) motherboard, and AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor. The only way I know of updating my motherboard drivers is to get msi live update 5 and do it through there even though the download speed is horrific. I have tried to search for ways to download motherboard drivers directly with no luck when it comes to specifically the chipset drivers. So I download the chipset drivers through live update 5 and it gives me some Cataclyst Control Centre. When I go to open and install catalyst it does not give me any option to install drivers. I finish the install and I only have two options. One to change power settings and one to change cpu performance settings. After installing Catalyst I scan my motherboard again with live update 5 and it says my chipset is STILL not installed but my other drivers have not had a problem. I know I do not know much about this and my hardware is a little old but please someone help me. I have been pulling my hair out forever trying to figure this out.

Joe Sizzle

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
I tried both of those and specifically selected the chipset drivers but when I went to install them on Catalyst there were no options for chipset drivers. i installed the ones that were there and scanned again and it STILL says im missing chipset?

Joe, click on start.

Control panel.

System and security.

Then device manager in blue.

Does it list any device in there as unknown, or have a yellow exclamation mark next to it.

If so name the section it is in and what it thinks the device is.