Cannot Update Win 10 - Crashes or Restores to Prev Version

uthayya

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
Hi,
I’m facing a lot of problems with the most recent Win 10 update –
• “Feature update to Windows 10, version 1083”; and
• “2018-16 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems”

I have been getting a notification to install these updates for almost 2 weeks now. The first time I went ahead with the update and the second time, yesterday, both had the same outcome.
Once the computer finally restarts it goes to a window wherein it asks me what to use to boot. The options are (in the exact order):
1) Windows 10
2) Boot Menu
3) Windows 10
Clicking on #1 takes me to the sign-in page but it simply will not accept any password. Clicking on Forgot Password migrates me to a Blue loading screen that never ends. Manually turning it off take me back to the above menu.
Clicking on #3, almost instantaneous BSOD. Error something SYS Service something. It’s goes away too fast and then reboots to the same option menu.

Finally, Option #3 just restores my computer to a previos version (pre update) on its own – without me asking it to restore to a previous version.

Right now, I’m constantly dodging those update notifications like I have been doing since the first time I tried to install the updates.

Please help, this is very very annoying. I can’t update my PC and avoiding the update notifications are quite a pain!

TIA

1. Download the new ISO and put it on USB

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=nOD/rLJHOac&ranSiteID=nOD_rLJHOac-
FzDsnXI8uRimjGVDls1j3A&tduid=(d19a8d4fb6033f2de222880337ee77f9)(256380)(2459594)(nOD_rLJHOac-FzDsnXI8uRimjGVDls1j3A)()

2. Stop the windows update service.
3. Delete all files within c:\windows\softwaredistribution\download
4. Run setup off the USB to do an inplace upgrade to keep your files or you can boot off it and do a clean install (skip step 2/3)