Cannot use recovery drive.

scotyard

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Hi.

I have a dv6 series laptop. I can browse through the recovery drive but when i press the recovery key at start up, nothing happens.

P.S. My lappy came installed with Win XP and i installed Win 7 later. but still the darn recovery should work right? is there a way that i can make it work by hacking the boot record or something?

scotyard

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Thanks for replying. i installed Windows 7 32 bit OS. Yes, the recovery partition is for reinstalling Win XP but i really would like to see it working. the funny thing is all this happened before i could find time to create a recovery disk! so, any help is greatly appreciated.

chillaxinb4u

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
ur recovery will totally redo the system its a built in feature otherwise reinstall xp then recover... Put in the win 7 disk to use win 7 recovery but otherwise most laptops have it built in to recover to factory

scotyard

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

i tried this nothing happens. :(

scotyard

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

this is exactly what i am talking about. the default factory method is not working.

I suspect that due to installing Win 7, the recovery partition got corrupt.

Isn't there anyone with similar experince or any HP engineer who can help me with this problem. I had a similar problem in my previous laptop. i let that one slide. but i really want to get this working. Experts please help.

thank you.