Question Canon 6030 only work with laptop

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
hi, i have non WiFi version of this printer so i bought a dlink 2750 Wi-Fi that have a Usb port. i have used my printer since then.

i have 3 laptop on my local network , 2 of them use windows 11 and other one is windows 10.
and of course my pc that i recently rebuild.
back then , i could use all of them and print through wifi.
yesterday i built that pc and re install windows 11. i did install same driver as my windows 11 laptop.... windows recognize it. same as my laptops and its canon lbp 6030/6040/6018.
i am even able to see it through my ready device same as Microsoft etc etc , when i'm in print page configuration.
but for some reason , when i press print, it wont function!
i had to transfer my work to my laptop to be able to print it through wifi .

this pc is using same win 11 and same wifi driver and i was able to print with that pc while using my old motherboard. but now i cant.
any idea whats wrong?

Lutfij

Titan
When you initiate a print command, do you see what devices the print is being assigned to? Sometimes the document is printed out as a PDF which means that the content is saved onto a location on the system. Also, when you reinstalled the OS did you recreate the bootable installer for the OS,. making sure to manually install all drivers and app's in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Reactions: .valkyrie.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
When you initiate a print command, do you see what devices the print is being assigned to? Sometimes the document is printed out as a PDF which means that the content is saved onto a location on the system. Also, when you reinstalled the OS did you recreate the bootable installer for the OS,. making sure to manually install all drivers and app's in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

printer is listed on my devices and i did recheck everything to be sure i am using exact printer. though i dont have any other printer. but i was sure i am not using Microsoft , fax , or save as pdf or other thing listed there....

and no, as i mentioned, i did upgrade my motherboard from 4th gen to 12 , so it was a fresh install. BUT, i had my printer driver downloaded 2 weeks ago and installed on my asus laptop and kept it in a folder so that i reuse it since i knew i am building a new PC. this is the same Driver i used on my laptop. both my laptop and PC using windows 11 and latest version.

and another thing , this is not a problem with application. i used adobe Reader, Microsoft office, and even tried to print Test Page. windows troubleshooter responsing : no response from printer. but this printer respons to my other 3 laptop if i try to print! how can it be like this?

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
also that how i install it after driver. as i did on my laptops.

using add printer> add manually> TCP/.... (3rd option i guess) > giving it my Printer Address from modem interface. and done! then print test page Popping up and a finish botton. although that test is not working.

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
i
Using this as a reference point, since you might be located in a different region entirely, did you source the driver for your printer from here;
https://asia.canon/en/support/0100592301
?
don't think so since the version is 2111 . i gess it was Singapore region. first search of google. i dont live there.
any way, does it matter since that driver working on my 3 other laptop?

edit: it didnt work even after reinstall fresh win 10

edit 2: it didnt work even after reinstall win 11

edit 3: i thought lets see if it work with USB connection.
unfortunately it wont work! pc recognize it.
somehow device manager have a driver pre-installed with version from 2006. but correct name.
i run driver installer, and chose USB connection. unfortunately it wont find the printer. i followed the on screen instruction. disconnect usb , turnoff and turn on again. but it didnt work ..... on my devices and printer section on windows i see canon 6030 driver missing! click to see how to fix the problem. butnit refer me to Microsoft website and that tip is useless.
also windows update didnt found any new driver....

edit 4: I just uninstalled driver under USB section and rescanned for new driver . windows reinstall same stuff once more. and UsB is fixed. but unfortunately, the WiFi still have problem

Last edited:

.valkyrie.

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
final massage... it seems it's a confusing problem, even i asked my friends and they had no idea.

when i connect printer to dlink 2750, D-Link gives my modem an ip address like this :
192.168.1.1:631/canon6030.

if i copy that to my chrome address bar on my laptops which everything works fine, it gives me an error: the connection was reset.....
but on my pc , it gives me no response from server Or can not conect to the website...

on neither of them, can i ping the modem through CMD. although laptop can print and work fine.

on add printer section, i chose TCP/.... then an option come up with canon 6030/6040/6018 and also i can search windows update. unfortunately windows update is useless and there are 100 cannon printer over there but i cant find LBP 6030 among them. so i come back and chose the first one (the one before clicking windows update).... then it goes to a page with print test page and finish botton. but of course, its not working. so i have No idea what to do. i was hoping that those info about "connection reset " and "no response" can help you guys understand the problem and help me with this .

to sum it up.
my pc can't access the cannon printer ip while my 3 other laptop can! reinstall the the Windows 3time and different version didn't help.
thanks in advance

Last edited: