Canon HF R700 vs R800

Status
Not open for further replies.

planesguy2004

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hi! I’m looking to upgrade my camcorder, and I am wondering what the differences are between the Canon HF R700 and the R800. I am looking for a microphone input, and would like to have long battery life. I am able to get the, for the same price.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Specs for each one from Canon:

Canon HF R700

Canon HF R800

One noticeable difference is the R700 is capable of recording both the AVCHD and MP4 formats while the R800 only records in the MP4 format. These two camcorders are basically identical. According to the specs both have headphone and mic jacks though neither have a hot or cold shoe for mounting a mic.

Specs for each one from Canon:

Canon HF R700

Canon HF R800

One noticeable difference is the R700 is capable of recording both the AVCHD and MP4 formats while the R800 only records in the MP4 format. These two camcorders are basically identical. According to the specs both have headphone and mic jacks though neither have a hot or cold shoe for mounting a mic.

Solution

planesguy2004

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Ok...Do you think that I need the one that records in AVCHD? Right noex my camcorder record in ONLY AVCHD.

Looking it up, a website says that AVCHD is better for video, while MP4 is better in size.

I guess that it would be better to have the option what to record in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS