Canon ImageRunner "Out of Paper" error only on new computers

Hi everybody--this is driving me nuts. I have an ImageRunner c3100
Multifunction printer installed on the network at the office. Two
computers that were configured before I got there (1 XP, 1 98) print to
the Canon just fine. However, whenever I print from either of the two
new XP computers I just set up, the Canon beeps twice and produces an
"out of paper" error, even though it has plenty of paper in it. I'm
guessing this is some configuration problem on the new computers, but
I've compared the configuration to the XP computer that is printing
fine, and don't see any obvious differences. Please help! Thanks, Ken

Ken Holt wrote:
> Hi everybody--this is driving me nuts. I have an ImageRunner c3100
> Multifunction printer installed on the network at the office. Two
> computers that were configured before I got there (1 XP, 1 98) print
> to the Canon just fine. However, whenever I print from either of the
> two new XP computers I just set up, the Canon beeps twice and
> produces an "out of paper" error, even though it has plenty of paper
> in it. I'm guessing this is some configuration problem on the new
> computers, but I've compared the configuration to the XP computer
> that is printing fine, and don't see any obvious differences. Please
> help! Thanks, Ken

Enable Bi-Directional Support in the ports (I think) tab in the
properties dialogs of the printer on the new computers. You might also
review this site for windows xp printing issues:
http://www.coribright.com/Windows/

"Ken Holt" <atrainphoto@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1103004743.344167.22980
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Hi everybody--this is driving me nuts. I have an ImageRunner c3100
> Multifunction printer installed on the network at the office.

I have an ImageRunner ir2200 networked as well. The spooler for it
resides on a "server" machine and all other computers send files to it
(as in, the server shares this printer).

Whenever I've received the "Out of Paper" notice, it was because the job
was asking for A4 paper (I'm in the U.S.) or had the default tray set to
"Bypass".

I'm not saying this is your problem, but is something to check.

--
Remove INVALID from e-mail address.

Brian Smither
Smither Consulting