Canon IP4000 v IP5000

davy

Ok, this is about Canons pixma range of printers.

Is the IP5000 worth the extra cash over the ip4000, we know the 1 pl
head produces finer droplets, hence better resolution. and aware of
the reviews and comment to date.

But there are one or two people I guess who are interested in
printing other things than just pictures, such as business, greeting
cards etc. One or two comments states that the 4000 tend to
'feathers' on certain letters.

Does the ip5000 improve or resolve this problem?

The photo's I've seen from the Canon and comparison's on one web site
appears to be a little more paler or pastel looking, I imagine this
could be correctable in the printers control panel or is it the trait
of the 1pl heads.

It does seem strange that the upper price printers and the newer
models on Canon Japan website still uses the 2pl heads and not the
1pl head that produces finer details - seems odd! Note that there
is no ip5100 to replace the ip5000 on Canon's Japan site.

Or was the ip5000 a 'test bed' for the 1pl head technology gone by the
wayside, be interesting to see the next Canaon releases.

Davy

davy

Yeah you've got it. Will certainly be mixed usage, LOOKs like they've
dropped the 1pl idea but why if it offers better resolution, would it
be bcoz of the pastelly pictures certainly don't seem to match the
4000 in luminancy - well, the picture's I've seen appears lighter.

Gonna try Email canon uk for a little ol' fun - not that I'll get
anywhere mind WATCH THIS SPACE...!

Davy wrote:

>Ok, this is about Canons pixma range of printers.
>
>Is the IP5000 worth the extra cash over the ip4000,

If your printing requires a far greater mix of business documents and
graphics over photos then YES.

>we know the 1 pl
>head produces finer droplets, hence better resolution. and aware of
>the reviews and comment to date.
>
>But there are one or two people I guess who are interested in
>printing other things than just pictures, such as business, greeting
>cards etc. One or two comments states that the 4000 tend to
>'feathers' on certain letters.
>
>Does the ip5000 improve or resolve this problem?

Text and business graphics are much better on the IP5000.

>The photo's I've seen from the Canon and comparison's on one web site
>appears to be a little more paler or pastel looking, I imagine this
>could be correctable in the printers control panel or is it the trait
>of the 1pl heads.
>
>It does seem strange that the upper price printers and the newer
>models on Canon Japan website still uses the 2pl heads and not the
>1pl head that produces finer details - seems odd!

I think that Canon may be testing the printhead in the IP5000 to see if
they want to use it in all of their printers.

>Note that there
>is no ip5100 to replace the ip5000 on Canon's Japan site.
>
>Or was the ip5000 a 'test bed' for the 1pl head technology gone by the
>wayside, be interesting to see the next Canaon releases.
>
>Davy

davy

A reply from Canon

Unfortunately each Canon region operates as a seperate business unit
and as such has a completely different product range for each region.
In addition model numbers different from region to region.

The IP5000 is still a current model for Canon Europe, and as such
remains available through retailers.

TRENDING THREADS