Canon iR1018j Driver

bartol.margic

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
Hello, Does anybody own a instance of Canon iR1018j Driver, not iR1018. If yes, can somebody please upload and share link? Thank You.

Drivers from Canon support website do not work. Yes I am sure.

My OS: Windows 10 x64

Driver from http://www.top4office.com/drivers/canon-ir-1018-photocopier/ is x32 Bit. So that does not help me.

Solution
That's just it. It's very unlikely you are going to FIND anybody else still using that XP era printer. Usually, most consumer printers are long since in the trash pile after five years. Almost all of them, if they are not expensive high end commercial models, are for sure by ten years. That printer is MUCH more than ten years old if the original drivers for it used 16bit code, which apparently they do.

I wish you the best of luck in finding another person who has that printer, but even if you do it is unlikely they will have some magic bullet that resolves the issue of it not being compatible. Also, I suspect that since most printers within the same series, and this has been true for decades, use a common driver, that if there WAS a...
http://www.top4office.com/downloads/drivers/ir1018j-windows.exe is the only driver available.

What do you mean by 32bit doesn't help you? Why would you need a 64bit driver for a printer? There is no need for massive system memory usage with a printer driver and any 32bit printer driver should work fine with 64bit windows. I've never actually SEEN a 64bit printer driver I don't think.

Is this a server printer or something? The drivers that ARE on the Canon website, are the exact same driver whether 32 or 64 bit version. Should not matter.

bartol.margic

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018

My Windows 10 x64 Os can not opet a x32 (x86) file (Installer, driver). I need any Driver that is compatible even a windows xP or Windows 2000 driver is a good call. P.s Drivers Downloaded from Canon are x32 (x86) and x64 versions.

bartol.margic

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018

I would actually be satisfied with a windows XP or Windows 2000 driver as well.

If your windows 10 64 bit installation cannot work with 32 bit files and applications, then something is wrong with your installation and it needs to be redone with a clean install. I and everybody else run 32 bit applications, when 64 bit versions are not available, all the time so long as they are windows 10 compatible. Likely your issue is trying to run 32 bit applications that cannot run, even on 32 bit Windows 10 installations because they are either too old or just not compatible with the Win10 OS, not the fact that they are 32 bit.

Yeah, that'd do it. At least for that driver. But he's saying that NO 32 bit applications will run on his 64 bit Win10 OS and I'm saying that they are too old then, much as you are saying with the driver. Likely, the same problem. Those 32 bit apps or drivers he seems not able to use must ALSO be old, intended not for Windows 10 but much older operating systems like XP, ME or 98SE.

bartol.margic

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018

This is my problem. It is a direct link of a print screen: http://prntscr.com/iebwf0 . I know the driver is old, but the iR1018 is having its PCL and UFR drivers that are windows 10 x64 compatible. Maybe somebody that uses the same printer has iR1018j driver software compatible for windows 10 x64 (Custom or not). Sorry for Your try but this is not a post about solving a problem with driver compatibility, rather this is a post for other users using same type of a printer. Thank You.

That's just it. It's very unlikely you are going to FIND anybody else still using that XP era printer. Usually, most consumer printers are long since in the trash pile after five years. Almost all of them, if they are not expensive high end commercial models, are for sure by ten years. That printer is MUCH more than ten years old if the original drivers for it used 16bit code, which apparently they do.

I wish you the best of luck in finding another person who has that printer, but even if you do it is unlikely they will have some magic bullet that resolves the issue of it not being compatible. Also, I suspect that since most printers within the same series, and this has been true for decades, use a common driver, that if there WAS a compatible driver for the iR1018, it SHOULD work for that model as well. I just doubt very much that there is such a thing.

It's unlikely that the firmware and hardware on that unit can even run using a driver that doesn't have the 16 bit code it expects to see.

Solution