[SOLVED] Canon MF 726 CDW --- Wireless settings greyed out after power outage?

RDave

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
After a 3-hour power outage, and all devices powered back up, our Canon printer would not reconnect to the home WiFi network.

We did attempt to reconnect via WPS push. But no luck.

Toggling thru the printer menu, under Network Settings, we noticed that “Select Wired/Wireless LAN” and “Wireless LAN Settings” were now grayed out, so could not be selected.

Maybe this means that the network adapter/WiFi card has fried (even though the printer has always been plugged into a surge protector)?

We have power-cycled the printer. We have also studied the manual and searched on Canon forums.

Please advise.

P.S. - - not sure if it’s worth mentioning, but further down on the Network Settings menu, “IEEE 802.1x Settings” is also grayed out.

Solution
There should be a reset to factory defaults option in the printer, either in the menu or through a push button usually on the rear, try doing that. If that fails then yes it's possible the wifi card failed.
Jul 31, 2023
I had this problem to, you can fix it by going into Menu>Network Settings>Enable Direct Connection>OFF.

After you do that restart the printer and connect to WIFI or plugin ethernet cable.

This should fix your problem, if you are still having trouble with this feel free to contact me at jeanbailey@pm.me

Reactions: pdavenport