Canon MP730 - New ink cartridge does not work

Hi all,

I installed a new set of color cartridges in my Canon MP730.
Unfortunately the cyan cartridge (BCI-3e C) didn't work.
Since it was a no-name replacement I bought a new one from
a different manufacturer, but this one also failed.

The printer status window shows all 4 ink tanks as full,
including the cyan tank, but no cyan is printed. The other
two colors and black work fine, though.

Has anyone an idea?

Frank

have you tried doing a head cleaning, that helps sometimes when you
install new ink tanks.

Cleaning cycles did not work. That was the first thing I tried.
But finally I got it working. I used the menu option "Head refreshing"
from the maintainance menu of the printer.

In article <1103188522.659535.230660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
frank.kintrup@gmx.de says...
> Hi all,
>
> I installed a new set of color cartridges in my Canon MP730.
> Unfortunately the cyan cartridge (BCI-3e C) didn't work.
> Since it was a no-name replacement I bought a new one from
> a different manufacturer, but this one also failed.
>
> The printer status window shows all 4 ink tanks as full,
> including the cyan tank, but no cyan is printed. The other
> two colors and black work fine, though.
>
> Has anyone an idea?
>

> Frank

I would suggest several cleaning cycles as well. I've never purchased
any "no-name" inkjet cartridges, as I always buy Canon cartridges. I've
never had any problems.

Don