Canon nozzle clean (S830D)

eddie

Hi, this has probably been asked before, so apologies. I have the Canon
S830D, and just about every time I turn it on and sometimes inbetween, it
does a head clean. This uses up ink and time. I believe there is a fix. If
so, could someone please post.

Ta

Eddie

Robert

Perhaps if you kept the printer on, it won
t clean the heads that often

Eddie wrote:
> Hi, this has probably been asked before, so apologies. I have the
> Canon S830D, and just about every time I turn it on and sometimes
> inbetween, it does a head clean. This uses up ink and time. I believe
> there is a fix. If so, could someone please post.
>
> Ta
>
> Eddie

Fix your damned clock. You're posting from the future. You are in Perth, yet
your clock is set for Mountain Time in the US (-0700). Please set your zone
correctly (should be +0800).

This is in your own best interests - many servers remove postdated messages,
so you will be doing yourself out of assistance and some people kill-file
postdaters because they find them rude and irritating.

eddie

"Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> Eddie wrote:
> > Hi, this has probably been asked before, so apologies. I have the
> > Canon S830D, and just about every time I turn it on and sometimes
> > inbetween, it does a head clean. This uses up ink and time. I believe
> > there is a fix. If so, could someone please post.
> >
> > Ta
> >
> > Eddie
>
> Fix your damned clock. You're posting from the future. You are in Perth,
yet
> your clock is set for Mountain Time in the US (-0700). Please set your
zone
> correctly (should be +0800).
>
> This is in your own best interests - many servers remove postdated
messages,
> so you will be doing yourself out of assistance and some people kill-file
> postdaters because they find them rude and irritating.

Sorry, didn't realise that somehow it had been changed! Couldn't possibly be
me of course! ;-)

Eddie

"Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au> wrote in message news:<40abdc60$0$16586$5a62ac22@freenews.iinet.net.au>...
> "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
> > Eddie wrote:
> > > Hi, this has probably been asked before, so apologies. I have the
> > > Canon S830D, and just about every time I turn it on and sometimes
> > > inbetween, it does a head clean. This uses up ink and time. I believe
> > > there is a fix. If so, could someone please post.
> > >
> > > Ta
> > >
> > > Eddie
> >
> > Fix your damned clock. You're posting from the future. You are in Perth,
> yet
> > your clock is set for Mountain Time in the US (-0700). Please set your
> zone
> > correctly (should be +0800).
> >
> > This is in your own best interests - many servers remove postdated
> messages,
> > so you will be doing yourself out of assistance and some people kill-file
> > postdaters because they find them rude and irritating.
> >

> Sorry, didn't realise that somehow it had been changed! Couldn't possibly be
> me of course! ;-)
>
> Eddie

Hi, Eddie,

Know what you mean. My fix is to keep the thing unplugged from the
power supply until I need to use it. But I would have thought there
should be a better way.

Regards,

izzit

eddie

"izzit" <izzit@fsmail.net> wrote in message
> "Eddie" <Woofdog@kennel.com.au> wrote in message
> > "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message
>
> > Sorry, didn't realise that somehow it had been changed! Couldn't
possibly be
> > me of course! ;-)
> >
> > Eddie
>

> Hi, Eddie,
>
> Know what you mean. My fix is to keep the thing unplugged from the
> power supply until I need to use it. But I would have thought there
> should be a better way.
>
> Regards,
>
> izzit

Ta, I do that same. But it still inists upon doing it. I have read of a fix
but can't remember what. Will google it.

Eddie