Canon PIXMA

What does the "PIXMA" refer to in some of the Canon printers? I'm looking
at the i9900 (but it's not a PIXMA), mainly for the size of the prints, but
I wonder if there will be a "PIXMA' version of this coming out soon? I read
somewhere that PIXMA printers produce longer lasting prints.

Any insights?

BW

In article BWL says...
> What does the "PIXMA" refer to in some of the Canon printers? I'm looking
> at the i9900 (but it's not a PIXMA), mainly for the size of the prints, but
> I wonder if there will be a "PIXMA' version of this coming out soon? I read
> somewhere that PIXMA printers produce longer lasting prints.
>
> Any insights?
>
> BW

You must be Japanese :) Canon has launched BCI-7 ink and some new paper
in Japan only so far. For the rest of us the Pixmas are still using the
same inks and papers so prints last the same. AFAIK the Pixmas print
slightly faster but otherwise the same.