Canon pixmma MG6150 5B00 error

bootlebarth

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
My MG6150 printer is 5months old and has been complaining of nearly full ink absorber now it has stopped communicating with me apart from the dreaded 5B00 "contact your service centre" error.

I have tried the various suggestions for other cannon models but cannot reset the machine does anyone have the knowledge?

I remember the days when printers were simple and ink pads could be got at easily - that's progress for you.

bootlebarth

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
A warming to everyone. These pads (plural as there are many) and some ectend under the full width of the printer. They can only be removed after dismantling the printer a complex and error prone process. In my case they became "saturated" after only four months service which leads me to suspect a fault in the software which did far to many head clean cycles. If you live close to a "service" center then maybe that is accepatble otherwise be warned and keep all the packaging in the loft.....I have given up and purchased from a different manufacturer. One day they may make these pads accessible but I wouldn't hold your breath.

bootlebarth

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Ooops I tried to edit the typos in the above but I wasn't allowed...

It is a "warning" not "warming" "extend" not "ectend" "too many" not "to many" etc etc

jez6363

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

I have found the solution to this, and fixed it, and it works on the MG6150 specifically. You can read the details on my blog:

http://jezpinions.blogspot.com/2012/03/canon-mg6150-ink-absorber-reset-error.html

It is quite easy, but you do need to download the service tool as well (details in blog).

Good luck, Jez

bootlebarth

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Well I followed those instructions and everything went as expected - thanks. However I have now got error 5050 which seems not much better than 5B00.
This could well be the result of my blundering about in the dismantling....

One point re the ink absorber. The bit that is visible in the platen hutch at the right is not the abosrber it is part of the ink pump system. This is a complicated set of pump and pipes that disgorges "waste" ink into the bowels of the printer. The absorbers (plural) line the tray in which the printer hardware sits - in my case they were soaked in ink afetr only 3 months.

jez6363

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

bootlebarth

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
As I suspected. The flimsy ribbon cable connecter had a clip on its "motherboard" this seems to have vanished and this cable does not grip by itself. I will have to think of a way to retain it in place. Ground wires should be OK - I was uncertain of this particular connection but thought oh well I won't use the scanner. Canon have thought of that....

Thanks for the confirmation - screwdriver out again......

TRENDING THREADS