Canon Printer Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwallx

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2014
I've been using Win 10 Tech Preview for several months and am on build 10158. My Canon Pixma ip8750 drivers have never functioned correctly despite appearing to install correctly. Even now, three weeks before Win10 RTM, Canon's confusing mishmash of websites and so-called support pages, make no mention of Win10 - except for one obscure reference which basically complained that updating drivers was expensive and we shouldn't expect older hardware to be supported! (I have the quote to prove it).

The argument that hardware manufactures don't release drivers for beta software is spurious. My two nvidia graphic cards have been running happily on their Win10 specific drivers for months!

Human Being

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Not every driver is going to work on that build because win10 is not completely in full-form (good position in terms of build) a full and perfect edition of win10 is going to release on july29 your build is just a Tech Preview which its not completely active or is not complete.Its just like an Enterprise that hasn't complete yet that's a full edition is going to release on july 29 then the device manufacturers lke yours is canon are going to provide Suitable Drivers for win 10 OS right now all the build of win10 are not guaranteed to work 100% because they are 'pending state' that is 'Tech Preview'.Only a full and complete build of win10 is going to help you officially otherwise you have to install another Operating System like win7 or win8.x form these OS you can make reservation of win10 that is 3GB and when the time comes (july 29) you can download full version of win10 easily and free of cost.I have win8.1 and reserved my win10 of 3GB size.Now I can see a win10 Start Button Mascot in notification bar as indicator of win10 successfull reservation.If you're going to dig in to troubleshoot then trust its waste of time just for the moment and you'll have the potential of win10 and also manufacturers will officially provide drives for win10.GOOD LUCK

Cheers!

In many cases, you can get away with using the Windows 7 or 8(.1) drivers... Windows 10 specific drivers aren't necessarily required. Try those first. If it still doesn't want to work after the RTM build ships on July 29th, and your printer is reasonably new (within the last 2-3 years) send Canon a message that you want them to develop Windows 10 drivers for that model.

If they don't want to produce new drivers for Windows 10 and you need a printer, get a new one from a different manufacturer. Sucks having to spend more money in those cases, but if you aren't getting a reasonable amount of support from the manufacturer, you can always help their competitors :)

bwallx

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2014
As far as drivers are concerned, Win10 I've been using tech previews for most of this year with no other problems at all. My graphic card maker nvidia has had Win10 specific drivers out for ages.

To say that a driver can't be written until Win10 RTM is total bull. For months now, Canon will have had all the tech specs they need to write or check their drivers. If others can do it why not Canon? My gripe is primarily with Canon and their lack of communication to their customers. Try looking on their websites. They have dozens all over the place and only one had even the briefest mention of Win10 or indeed any mention of proper support. Disgraceful.

Well, what drivers are you using? The printer should have windows 8.1 drivers that work just fine for windows 10, as printer's haven't really done anything new in the time between 8 and 10.

And your printer is only from 2014 so it really shouldn't have compatibility problems, you should really contact canon about this.
http://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/printers/inkjet/pixma_ip_series/pixma_ip8750.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=Windows%208.1%20(64-bit)

muffindell

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011

bwallx is correct, the drivers don't work, in fact I can safely say non of their stuff doees. I have printers and scanners, photosoftware; non of which either works correctly or at all when using windows 10. Canon say they won't write drivers until the retail version is launched and then only for their new products, apparently it costs too much money! So I have rolled back all my machines to windows 7 or windows 8.1. Suffice to say everything now works as it should do :D

YourOnlySin

Reputable
Sep 23, 2015
I finally got my Canon ip3500 to print with Windows 10. For background, I had upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. Whenever I went to the "add printers and scanners" section in 'settings' my printer would never be recognized. Here's what I did....

I went to Canon's website and downloaded the printer drivers for Windows 8.1 x64 (I had it in my head that windows 10 was more like windows 8 than windows 7).

Install the driver by running the executable file and making all the confirmations. Plug in and turn on the printer and complete the installation. Nothing more happens here....you've just installed a driver.

Now tell Windows 10 to use the driver....

Go to start menu/settings/devices/printers and scanners and click on the button to add a new printer or scanner

After a brief search and your device isn't found, click on the link "The printer that I want isn't listed" Then click "add local printer with manual settings"
print1_1.jpg

In the next dialog box, I chose an existing printer port, USB001 as my printer is connected via usb cable, and click next
print2_1.jpg

Scroll for Canon in the manufacturer box and now my printer shows up as a possible device! Click next
print3_1.jpg

In the next dialog box, simply tell Windows to use the driver that is currently installed and click Next
print4_1.jpg

You get a couple more dialog boxes that ask you to name your printer and another that asks if you want to share it (I just said "no"

And finally, the printer driver is successfully installed! Click finish and verify that you have access to the printer.
print5_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS