[SOLVED] Canon ZR10, any good still?

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
is a Canon ZR10 still a camcorder worth hanging on to, or is it now worse than most modern cell phones in terms of taking video?

Solution
I would say "both" - any value it still has is purely in nostalgia, but it doesn't appear to take up much space so it's probably worth keeping in a box of memorabilia.

People like those digital cameras that shoot on floppy disks. I've never had one, but almost picked one up at a thrift store once and kind of wish I did. Keeping old computers and monitors around takes up a lot of space, but small-ish cameras are worth collecting in my opinion.

However, like you said, modern cell phones can produce very high quality video files so if you have one at your disposal there's no reason to use that ZR10 over a cell phone that can shoot HD or higher.

jonbuder

Commendable
May 3, 2020
I would say "both" - any value it still has is purely in nostalgia, but it doesn't appear to take up much space so it's probably worth keeping in a box of memorabilia.

People like those digital cameras that shoot on floppy disks. I've never had one, but almost picked one up at a thrift store once and kind of wish I did. Keeping old computers and monitors around takes up a lot of space, but small-ish cameras are worth collecting in my opinion.

However, like you said, modern cell phones can produce very high quality video files so if you have one at your disposal there's no reason to use that ZR10 over a cell phone that can shoot HD or higher.

Solution

rjo98

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
OK, thanks, just purely looking at this from a functionality standpoint. If it takes lesser quality video than say a modern smartphone would, that's what I was looking for. I couldn't really find what quality it shot at for some reason online.