canopus adc100

Why no coax jack so i could plug in my cable tv cable?...

"Sam The Man" <Sdhdhd@asdflll.com> wrote in message
> Why no coax jack so i could plug in my cable tv cable?...

Use a VCR.... It works fine that way.

Tim

On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:37:56 -0600, "Sam The Man" <Sdhdhd@asdflll.com>
wrote:

>Why no coax jack so i could plug in my cable tv cable?...

Because it does not have a TV tuner.

--
John W Hall <wweexxsseessssaa@telus.net>
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada.

yes, but couldnt it allow the digital signal to pass to my computer thru
firewire.

On my computer, I may have a TV tuner.

Is this crazy science or optional features

Sam The Man wrote:
> yes, but couldnt it allow the digital signal to pass to my computer thru
> firewire.
>
> On my computer, I may have a TV tuner.
>
> Is this crazy science or optional features

Crazy.

-WD

"Sam The Man" wrote ...
> yes, but couldnt it allow the digital signal to pass to my
> computer thru firewire.

What "digital signal"? Are you refering to "digital cable"?
If so, that has nothing to do with DV or firewire.

> On my computer, I may have a TV tuner.

Then what do you need the ADVC-100 for?

> Is this crazy science or optional features

I think you don't understand the nature of the equipment
and the signals.

I have a tv tuner on the computer, but the picture doesn't get bigger than
half my screen.
With the canops, the picture fills the screen, but I have to run it from the
cable box, therefore I can't tune the signal from the computer.

I think I am right.
Canopus could have added a digital cable jack IN and a firewire out.

How else am I going to capture digital TV?

For $9.99 I can buy at Big Lots a box with digital cable IN and analog
OUT.

On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:59:06 -0600, "Sam The Man" <Sdhdhd@asdflll.com>
wrote:

>yes, but couldnt it allow the digital signal to pass to my computer thru
>firewire.
>
>On my computer, I may have a TV tuner.
>
>Is this crazy science or optional features

So plug the feed into the tuner.

If the Canopus box could turn the feed into digital video it would BE
a tuner. It isn't.

"Laurence Payne" <l@laurenceDELETEpayne.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 12:59:06 -0600, "Sam The Man" <Sdhdhd@asdflll.com>
> wrote:
>
> >yes, but couldnt it allow the digital signal to pass to my computer thru
> >firewire.
> >
> >On my computer, I may have a TV tuner.
> >
> >Is this crazy science or optional features
>
> So plug the feed into the tuner.
>
> If the Canopus box could turn the feed into digital video it would BE
> a tuner. It isn't.

No

A tuner takes in an RF signal (as in broadcast or cable TV).
It then allows you to select a channel (CNN. FOX, HBO,
CHANNEL 5, ETC.) then it extracts the video and audio
from that channel, so you can watch it on a TV, or whatever.

The Canopus box needs that separate video and audio to work.
It knows nothing about TV channels. It is only used to trans-code
one type of video to another (DV to S-VHS, Composite to DV,
etc.), but it is not a TV tuner.

David