[SOLVED] Cant able to install windows 10 on HDD.

Apr 26, 2021
Hello There,

Right now i have 2 HDD in my PC one is 500GB and one is 1TB and I am trying to install windows 10 on my 1tb HDD, because my 500GB hdd belongs to my other computer, But whenever i try to install OS in 1TB hdd i get error : "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space, The partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation "

But i can able to install windows 10 in my 500gb hdd, I need to know how can i change my HDD type to primary from dynamic, so i can install win 10 .

Solution
You install the OS on a drive when it is the ONLY drive connected.

Boot from your Win 10 USB.
In the process, you delete all existing partitions on the drive, and continue with one blank space.

USAFRet

Titan

In the process, you delete all existing partitions on the drive, and continue with one blank space.

Solution
Apr 26, 2021

Ok, so should i format my whole 1tb HDD ?

But whenever i try to install OS in 1TB hdd i get error :
"Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space, The partition contains one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation "
You can't install windows on Disk 0, because it is dynamic.
You have to convert it to basic first. This involves cleaning the disk and allowing windows install process to partition it as needed.
Unfortunately all your data on Disk 0 will be lost in this process (Games partition).

If you want to keep your installed games, then copy data somewhere else first.

TRENDING THREADS