Can't access Asus router settings

twentw

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
I've got an Asus N66U router. Recently it has been going out (meaning I can connect to the router but can't reach the internet), so I'm trying to access the settings page at 192.168.1.1. When I do, I get a webpage that says Broadcom CFE Miniweb server which is asking for a file to flash the router. I've never flashed the router before, and am using stock Asus firmware. Does anyone know what's going on?

Solution
Please run "ipconfig /all" from your computer's command prompt and post the results.

Ipconfig will provide important network configuration information that will help understand your current configuration.

Ideally what is expected is that your computer will be obtaining a DHCP IP address from the router (at 192.168.1.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0)

Although you can establish a static IP for your computer you must ensure that that IP address may not be inadvertantly assigned to some other device if your computer happens to be off at the time.

grrsona

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014

Did that, now what, I am confused by what is working, I changed adress to static IP, and I have tried using basic IP adress, and a new static one.

Ralston18

Titan
Please run "ipconfig /all" from your computer's command prompt and post the results.

Ipconfig will provide important network configuration information that will help understand your current configuration.

Ideally what is expected is that your computer will be obtaining a DHCP IP address from the router (at 192.168.1.1, subnet mask 255.255.255.0)

Although you can establish a static IP for your computer you must ensure that that IP address may not be inadvertantly assigned to some other device if your computer happens to be off at the time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS