[SOLVED] Can't Access BIOS after installing Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2021
Hello,

I installed an AMD Radeon RX 5600xt onto my older pc and I cant get into BIOS after that. It seems to freeze up. I will post a picture and any help would be greatly appreciated.
pnYlqVqBj

Solution
Yeah it's much better.
This is the support page for your motherboard:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/990fxa-gd65
You can download newer BIOS version from there, but you need to do it one by one preferably and not straight to the latest.
I believe that you have the first one (19.0) because the second has a fix for cpu temp reported incorrectly and your cpu temp in speccy is only 13C which is very very low and unless LN2 is used, should always be very close to the motherboard's temp in idle.

In the top of the bios download is also a link for youtube on how to update your bios.
Jan 3, 2021
Post your full system specs
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/5/2021, 12:54:18
Machine name: THERIG
Machine Id: {217AF45C-6C70-496A-BEEC-5C6CFE70D67B}
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7640
BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/19/11 17:00:51 Ver: 04.06.04 (type: BIOS)
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 15346MB RAM
Page File: 9314MB used, 10127MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Here is my DXdiag. I hope this helps, i am very sorry as I never have posted onto a forum before.

Last edited:
Ok, most of this wall of text is not needed. Next time you need to post your specs, use hwmonitor or speccy. Everything beside the PSU will be listed there. For your psu you can open the case and take a photo of the sticker, find the box that came into, etc...

The model of your motherboard can not be seen clearly as that
shows 5 different results of motherboards.

Please download speccy and use that to post your specs. Take a screenshot and upload it to imgur or similar site, then post the link here.

Jan 3, 2021
Ok, most of this wall of text is not needed. Next time you need to post your specs, use hwmonitor or speccy. Everything beside the PSU will be listed there. For your psu you can open the case and take a photo of the sticker, find the box that came into, etc...

The model of your motherboard can not be seen clearly as that
shows 5 different results of motherboards.

Please download speccy and use that to post your specs. Take a screenshot and upload it to imgur or similar site, then post the link here.
My apologies. I hope this is better.
pnYoplQFp

Yeah it's much better.
You can download newer BIOS version from there, but you need to do it one by one preferably and not straight to the latest.
I believe that you have the first one (19.0) because the second has a fix for cpu temp reported incorrectly and your cpu temp in speccy is only 13C which is very very low and unless LN2 is used, should always be very close to the motherboard's temp in idle.

In the top of the bios download is also a link for youtube on how to update your bios.

Solution
Jan 3, 2021
Yeah it's much better.

Looks like I may have use old graphics card because I have go into BIOS with a usb stick you update it.

UPDATE: I updated to 19.9, but cant update to the K2-K5. Speccy, speedfan, and hwumonitor all are reading at 200 degree for my cpu now, but the processor doesn't seem to be that hot.

UPDATE 2: I got all the updates for BIOS installed finally and everything seems to be working again! Thanks so much

Last edited:
Reactions: Fieldx and dotas1
Status
Not open for further replies.