Question Cant access bios menu, cant reset bios

Aug 19, 2022
So, I was updating my bios but for some reason my laptop suddenly turned off.

Now when I try to turn on my laptop, I can only see the dell logo. I have been trying everything to access the BIOS menu, like pressing CTRL + ESQ then connecting the power cord, pressing F12, F2, but nothing happens. The only response I receive from the laptop, is that when I press ESQ + CTRL and I connect the power cord, I turn on without me having to press the power button.

I also had tried to remove battery and coin while pressing the on button for 15 minutes, I also had tried to turn on the laptop without the SSD and nothing.
Have I hard bricked my laptop?

Please help me to recover from this disaster.
I got a Dell latitude 7400 2 in 2

So, I was updating my bios but for some reason my laptop suddenly turned off.

Now when I try to turn on my laptop, I can only see the dell logo. I have been trying everything to access the BIOS menu, like pressing CTRL + ESQ then connecting the power cord, pressing F12, F2, but nothing happens. The only response I receive from the laptop, is that when I press ESQ + CTRL and I connect the power cord, I turn on without me having to press the power button.

I also had tried to remove battery and coin while pressing the on button for 15 minutes, I also had tried to turn on the laptop without the SSD and nothing.
Have I hard bricked my laptop?

Please help me to recover from this disaster.
I got a Dell latitude 7400 2 in 2
Is this the bios you used?

https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER08735508M/1/Latitude_7400_2-in-1_1_18_0.exe

If not almost garentee you bricked your system? If so did the install complete before system shut off if not that's the problem and yes it's bricked

Aug 19, 2022
Saddly no if the bios update is enturupted at all it bricks the system since there is no back up bios chip and your formating the current one to install a new one the bios is empty for all it knows

Yes, i understand. However, as i read in the dell page (Cómo recuperar al BIOS en una computadora o tableta Dell | Dell República Dominicana ) after 2015 all dell laptops are supposed to have a many ways to recover the bios to default. Are those methods are supposed to help the user in cases like mine?

Yes, i understand. However, as i read in the dell page (Cómo recuperar al BIOS en una computadora o tableta Dell | Dell República Dominicana ) after 2015 all dell laptops are supposed to have a many ways to recover the bios to default. Are those methods are supposed to help the user in cases like mine?
Saddly no this is to set bios to default Incase of over volting the PC or changing the wrong setting in the bios however not for deleted bios's how old is the laptop?

Aug 19, 2022
Saddly no this is to set bios to default Incase of over volting the PC or changing the wrong setting in the bios however not for deleted bios's how old is the laptop?

Hi,

My PC is from 2020.

So i guess i only have two options left: Buying the whole motherboard, or had also been reading that i could look up for an authorized dell technical center to see if they have a way to manually flash the bios. I mean, I heard that with special tools a technician could manually flash the bios directly in the hardware. Is this true?