Can't Access Bios when Crucial M4 SSD connected - (but could before Windows 10 failed install)

SLongholio

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
MB: Asus P8Z68V-Pro
Crucial M4 SSD 128Mb

So I decided to go ahead with the Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7.1. All was working well, no hardware changes until Windows 10 borked it up.

So initially, my keyboard and mouse wouldn't work when windows booted up, so I was powering it off during boot up to get into safe mode and poke around. After I don't know how many cycles of this, now I can't even get into the BIOS unless I disconnect the Sata cable from the drive. The light on the Mobo comes on red as well when it's plugged in - the one that says post failed due to Storage issue.

So anyway, I've tried plugging it into all the various controllers and still no joy.

Any other ideas how I might resurrect this drive?

I don't really need the data, I was just using it to boot the OS, and since then I've just installed the Windows 10 onto my spinny disk - that 2 TB Seagate I had lying around. So everything is working fine, but would like to know If I can save the SSD before I just chuck it in the trash.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Theres nothing much you can do with a messed up SSD. SO the PC won't boot at all even from the normal boot drive with the SSD connected?

Maybe try an external adaptor to plug the SSD into a USB port and format it, thats about all I can think of.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Theres nothing much you can do with a messed up SSD. SO the PC won't boot at all even from the normal boot drive with the SSD connected?

Maybe try an external adaptor to plug the SSD into a USB port and format it, thats about all I can think of.

Solution

SLongholio

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Yeah, i can't even get into BIOS if I connect it :-( Wasn't sure if there was some magic way to "factory reset" it or something. I'll try your idea but it won't be anytime soon before I report back. i'm working remotely for an extended time so i don't have access to anything other than the one box. I'll have to look up if it's under three years old, I can't remember.