Question Can't access BIOS

EyeBr0ws

Prominent
Apr 1, 2019
Video:
View: https://youtu.be/23owwPcu1Uw

After deleting a partition (100 mb allocated which I thought was non-system related) on my SSD, my PC is stuck at the boot splash screen. Both my USB and PS/2 keyboards fail to register the keystrokes. When I press the bios keys, a click noise is produced by the mobo which can be heard on the video.

After a while sitting at the BIOS splash the mobo produced another beep, but remians at the splash screen.

I have a bootable USB that I need to boot from to reinstall Windows, but cannot access BIOS to change the boot order.

I've tried resetting CMOS by removing the battery and I've tried unplugging all harddrives including the SSD with the same result.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Kingston 8GB DDR3 1600MHz (2x4) HyperX
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650
Intel Core i5-3570
GIGABYTE GA-Z77P-D3 - (Rev 1.1)
MSI GTX 980

D

Deleted member 14196

go make a windows 10 installation usb and install windows. did you remove the EFI partition? I think you did.

1. back up ALL your data and verify it's good.
  2. shut down power
  3. make sure that no others drives are hooked up, except the one you want windows on,
  4. boot to usb
  5. using the installer, remove all the partitions and let windows use the entire drive and install windows clean, then don't remove any partitions anymore going forward
  6. power down again once windows is installed and you have it configured with drivers and such
  7. connect power to all the other HDDs
  8. reinstall your programs.

EyeBr0ws

Prominent
Apr 1, 2019
go make a windows 10 installation usb and install windows. did you remove the EFI partition? I think you did.

1. back up ALL your data and verify it's good.
  2. shut down power
  3. make sure that no others drives are hooked up, except the one you want windows on,
  4. boot to usb
  5. using the installer, remove all the partitions and let windows use the entire drive and install windows clean, then don't remove any partitions anymore going forward
  6. power down again once windows is installed and you have it configured with drivers and such
  7. connect power to all the other HDDs
  8. reinstall your programs.
I followed each step and still end up at the BIOS splash unable to enter BIOS. Only the SSD and the bootable USB are plugged in, all other drives are disconnected.

D

Deleted member 14196

did you try

leaving computer plugged in,
  1. turn off the PSU on off switch on the PSU itself
  2. press and hold the main power button for several seconds to dissipate all power
  3. release main power button
  4. turn on psu switch located on psu
  5. turn on main system
have you left it without power for any length of time? at this point, if none of that works, breadboard it.

since you have a gigabyte mobo, you could try to restore the main bios chip using the secondary bios to recover it. maybe your bios got hosed?

EyeBr0ws

Prominent
Apr 1, 2019
did you try

leaving computer plugged in,
  1. turn off the PSU on off switch on the PSU itself
  2. press and hold the main power button for several seconds to dissipate all power
  3. release main power button
  4. turn on psu switch located on psu
  5. turn on main system
have you left it without power for any length of time? at this point, if none of that works, breadboard it.

since you have a gigabyte mobo, you could try to restore the main bios chip using the secondary bios to recover it. maybe your bios got hosed?
I tried all of your steps including multiple methods to restore bios via secondary bios; different shut-down procedures and shorting the M-bios chip. No effect.

I'm gonna leave the CMOS battery out overnight to see if that helps.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
do you want to try this remove the m2 from system and use a old hdd for test also remve gpu and use onboard video and one stick of ram then try to bott in bios do same test with the other stick of ram if that not working you might have a board issue .