can't access desktop or printer from laptop anymore

Hi, I am using msft wireless with my desktop and laptop.
My internet network is working fine, I can access the
laptop from my desktop, however now suddenly I cannot
access the desktop or printer from my laptop. I still
have sharing enabled, I get a message saying I don't have
access to get permission from network administrator???

Are you using XP Pro and a domain?

win98se on the desktop. They were both communicating fine
until 6/26. I wonder if an auto-update might have screwed
things up. The old desktop can dig around in my laptop no
problem, but now the laptop thinks I don't have permission
to access the desktop and printer!

>>Hi, I am using msft wireless with my desktop and
laptop.
>>My internet network is working fine, I can access the
>>laptop from my desktop, however now suddenly I cannot
>>access the desktop or printer from my laptop. I still
>>have sharing enabled, I get a message saying I don't
have
>>access to get permission from network administrator???
>>.
>>
>.

workgroup is HOME (is that the same as domain?)

Domains are only supported in XP Pro. XP Home and 98 only
use workgroups (unless there is a domain server)

Three scenarios.

Check that File and Printer sharing is enabled on the 98
machine. RIght-mouse click on the Network icon and select
properties.

Check the type of sharing -- under 98 you can set it to ask
a password to access shares. Enable all access, not per
password.

Check for a firewall on the desktop (Norton, ZOneAlarm...),
or WIndows built-in ICF. Disable them. ICF is on the
Advanced tab of the connection properties.