Can't Access Files from Old Hard Drive

Oct 12, 2018
I have moved my old hard drive into my new PC. The hard drive is recognised along with my new drives (one hard drive and one SSD). The problem now is that while I can view my files and open all of my folders when trying to open any files such as FL studio I will either get an error or it will open in the background and show in processes but there is no way for me to see it/use it. The old hard drive has windows 7 installed on it and my new pc is running windows 10. I have heard about formatting however I don't want to take any risks regarding losing my files as I have a huge amount of very precious music production files. I have tried copying over the Image Line folder directly to my new non-SSD hard drive (The Image Line folder contained all of my music files and the launcher for my old fruity loops), however the same issue persists and nothing works properly.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Solution
You can't access "programs" that exist on that old drive.
FL Studio, for instance.

When an application is installed, it creates dozens, sometimes thousands of entries in the Registry and elsewhere.
Your new OS knows nothing about this.

You need to actually reinstall those applications.
Plugins for all that stuff can probably be moved, and applied to a new install of the application.

But the actual application will absolutely need to be reinstalled. There is no way around this.

USAFRet

Titan
You can't access "programs" that exist on that old drive.
FL Studio, for instance.

When an application is installed, it creates dozens, sometimes thousands of entries in the Registry and elsewhere.
Your new OS knows nothing about this.

You need to actually reinstall those applications.
Plugins for all that stuff can probably be moved, and applied to a new install of the application.

But the actual application will absolutely need to be reinstalled. There is no way around this.

Solution
Oct 12, 2018

Okedoke, no problem the only other thing is that when I looked at my task manager all of my tasks are coming up as 32bit for some reason but on my specs it still shows that Im running 64bit. And when I installed everything I installed it as 64bit and was wondering if my hard drive plugging in had had any effect on my system.This is weird because both my old and new PC have always been 64bit. So im not sure whats going on there. If its of any significance when I turned on my PC after plugging everything back in the display settings were reset and I had to changed it back to 1080p so it looks like I lost some of the stored settings in the graphics card perhaps? I'm out of my depth here as you can probably see. The only reason im concerned is because i dont know what this necessarily means and if it's going to cause any issues. Cheers!

USAFRet

Titan

No, connecting that drive had nothing to do with it.
Some applications are 32bit. Even when installed with a 64bit OS.

It will not cause any issues.

Oct 12, 2018

Thank you very much, I appreciate the help! I'll try to reinstall the applications and go from there.