Question Can't access half files

gabriss422

Honorable
Jun 17, 2018
So, I installed Windows 10 on my SSD while my HDD had Windows 10 as well, becouse, I wanted to use SSD as boot drive and delete old windows 10 from hdd. Problem is, I can't access half the files from hdd while booted from ssd. If i boot back from HDD, I can access all the files perfectly fine. Games that are stored on HDD won't run due to errors m, that says that I need to reinstall. But if I try to play them while booted from HDD, I can play them perfectly fine. Any ideas how to solve this problem. If it helps, SSD is 111GB and HDD is 335GB and almost full

When installing new OS, it is generally a good idea to disconnect any drives that should not be affected by OS installation.

The other issue, the only description "can't access half files" is too vague, even to try to guess what's wrong.

gabriss422

Honorable
Jun 17, 2018
When installing new OS, it is generally a good idea to disconnect any drives that should not be affected by OS installation.

The other issue, the only description "can't access half files" is too vague, even to try to guess what's wrong.
Soryy for that. I did disconnected hdd when installing windows on ssd

So, I installed Windows 10 on my SSD while my HDD had Windows 10 as well, becouse, I wanted to use SSD as boot drive and delete old windows 10 from hdd. Problem is, I can't access half the files from hdd while booted from ssd. If i boot back from HDD, I can access all the files perfectly fine. Games that are stored on HDD won't run due to errors m, that says that I need to reinstall. But if I try to play them while booted from HDD, I can play them perfectly fine. Any ideas how to solve this problem. If it helps, SSD is 111GB and HDD is 335GB and almost full

You can't run programs that were installed in a different Windows setup, you need to re-install them again on the new setup.

TRENDING THREADS