can't access jpg pictures

I have a huge collection of jpg pictures but lately, I can't access them. I
get this message: invalid menu handle. Can anyone help me to correct this
problem? I can't figure out what happened.
Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,

Try this: Click start/run, type:

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

Then click ok. You should get a message about it being successful. Then
retry viewing the picture files.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a huge collection of jpg pictures but lately, I can't access them.
>I get this message: invalid menu handle. Can anyone help me to correct this
>problem? I can't figure out what happened.
> Thanks,
> Claire

Dear Nutcase,
Thanks for the tip but it didn't work. I still get the same message:
invalid menu handle. Anything else I can t ry?
Claire

> Hi Claire,
>
> Try this: Click start/run, type:
>
> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>
> Then click ok. You should get a message about it being successful. Then
> retry viewing the picture files.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>I have a huge collection of jpg pictures but lately, I can't access them.
>>I get this message: invalid menu handle. Can anyone help me to correct
>>this problem? I can't figure out what happened.
>> Thanks,
>> Claire

Hi Claire,

Right-click any .jpg file, use the "open with" option. Choose the "windows
picture and fax viewer". Does this allow you to see the pic?

--

> Dear Nutcase,
> Thanks for the tip but it didn't work. I still get the same message:
> invalid menu handle. Anything else I can t ry?
> Claire

>> Hi Claire,
>>
>> Try this: Click start/run, type:
>>
>> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>>
>> Then click ok. You should get a message about it being successful. Then
>> retry viewing the picture files.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a huge collection of jpg pictures but lately, I can't access them.
>>>I get this message: invalid menu handle. Can anyone help me to correct
>>>this problem? I can't figure out what happened.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Claire

Hi Rick,
Your new instructions worked this time. Thanks a million.
Claire

> Hi Claire,
>
> Right-click any .jpg file, use the "open with" option. Choose the "windows
> picture and fax viewer". Does this allow you to see the pic?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Dear Nutcase,
>> Thanks for the tip but it didn't work. I still get the same message:
>> invalid menu handle. Anything else I can t ry?
>> Claire
>>

>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi Claire,
>>>
>>> Try this: Click start/run, type:
>>>
>>> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
>>>
>>> Then click ok. You should get a message about it being successful. Then
>>> retry viewing the picture files.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Claire Brucker" <cbrucker@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message

You're welcome Claire, glad you got it working.