Can't access my router settings

Mistbender

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hi. I want to access my router settings, but I can't. Connected my laptop to the router, and I saw my default gateway (cmd -> ipconfig). But the problem comes when I type the gateway in the address bar.. nothing happens except ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED (I'm using Chrome). It doesn't ask me for username and password (Which are default and I know them). I would really appreciate some help :)
Thank you

Mistbender

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
There is a Default Access section on the router, with an address (http://www.routerlogin.net). I tried this too but.. Nothing happens too.
About software packages.... I don't think the router came with anything like that. It also isn't a new router, but not a very old one too.

Mistbender

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
As I can see it is 172.16.x.y, and also, before about an year ago, I wanted to do the same thing, but from my old laptop... still nothing happend. The laptop I'm using right now is with newly installed Windows7

Mistbender

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
I am really really sorry for wasting your time, thanks for all the support provided and the patience. It looks like my router is not a router that I actually own. I got informed it is provided by my internet provider.. I need to buy a router, and I will hopefully. Thanks for the support again.