[SOLVED] Can't access old laptop and System Restore doesn't work ?

Oct 11, 2021
I have an old Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 which is password-protected and the person who gave it to me no longer knows the password. I tried to do a system restore from the boot menu in order to wipe the laptop to gain access and it keeps telling me "There was a problem resetting your pc". Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and if there are any alternate ways to gain access again?

Solution
The data doesn't matter at all just want the laptop in a working state. I don't need help with the password just explaining why I wanted to do a system restore in the first place.
Not System Restore....do a full wipe and reinstall.
Win 10, right?

Where is this password? BIOS, hard drive, other?

USAFRet

Titan
I have an old Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 which is password-protected and the person who gave it to me no longer knows the password. I tried to do a system restore from the boot menu in order to wipe the laptop to gain access and it keeps telling me "There was a problem resetting your pc". Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and if there are any alternate ways to gain access again?
  1. We absolutely cannot assist with the password thing. Forum policy.
  2. The problems with it could be many and varied. Are you trying to retrieve the data, or get the thing fully working?

Oct 11, 2021
  1. We absolutely cannot assist with the password thing. Forum policy.
  2. The problems with it could be many and varied. Are you trying to retrieve the data, or get the thing fully working?
The data doesn't matter at all just want the laptop in a working state. I don't need help with the password just explaining why I wanted to do a system restore in the first place.

USAFRet

Titan
Not System Restore....do a full wipe and reinstall.
Win 10, right?

Where is this password? BIOS, hard drive, other?

Solution