Can't Access Start Menu, Edge Disappeared

PleaseHelpThanks

Reputable
Dec 17, 2015
I open up my laptop today and saw a light blue screen that said "All of your files are still here", but seemed frozen on that, so I restarted. Then, my would just boot up to a perpetual black screen and nothing more. Next, while booting up, I held the start button, the windows button, and b, and this has gotten me to my desktop, which seems normal, except I can't access my start bar at all and Windows Edge has disappeared completely. I ran the sfc / scannow in powershell and it told me there were no issues. I don't know what to do. Please help. Thank you.

Solution
Have a go with [brepair install[/b] and see if this clears the corruption to your OS.

Have you backed up all your critical files/data onto an external storage device? The above suggestion will not tamper with your files on installed OS's partition but I'm asking just in case. If you haven't then you can try and open file explorer via these steps.

Once you've moved off your files it basically paves the way to perform a clean installation of Windows 10.

Could you also pass on your laptop's make and model? There may be some little details missed out such as BIOS updates or up to date drivers for your unit.

Lutfij

Titan
Have a go with [brepair install[/b] and see if this clears the corruption to your OS.

Have you backed up all your critical files/data onto an external storage device? The above suggestion will not tamper with your files on installed OS's partition but I'm asking just in case. If you haven't then you can try and open file explorer via these steps.

Once you've moved off your files it basically paves the way to perform a clean installation of Windows 10.

Could you also pass on your laptop's make and model? There may be some little details missed out such as BIOS updates or up to date drivers for your unit.

Solution