Can't access the internet.

TARUN PV

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
So I had no problems with my PC until yesterday, but today morning when i tried accessing the net, it wouldn't let me. My cable is connected to a router and then to my CPU and the Wi-Fi was working without any issues. The Local area connection usually that we see in the adapter setting was missing. There was nothing in there. Like it was empty. So i ran a troubleshoot and it said that there is a problem with the network adapter and that i have to update my drivers. So i downloaded the latest network and installed it manually. After installing it started scanning for network adapter and then this message showed up
"The realtek network controller was not found.". Confused i tried to look for solution online and tried one of the methods:

went to device manager, and there was a unknown device present, (probably our network adapter) and right clicked on it, selected update device driver and then selected browse the system for driver, then selected Let me pick from a list of device drivers, then selected network adapter followed by realtek and then selected the driver which i installed previously (Realtek PCI GbE Family controller version 7.119.615.2018) and clicked next. Then this message popped up.
"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. This device cannot start. (Code 10)."

This didn't solve my problem and the only thing it did was change the unknown device to network adapters with a yellow triangle. So i tried the troubleshoot once again and this time a different message pooped up.
"The Realtek PCI GbE Family Controller adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware- related problems."

So this is the gist of my problem, while i can access net using wifi on my phone my system is unable to access it. Can anyone identify the problem and help me?
Thanks in advance.

My specs:
Intel i7 4790K 4GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB GPU
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 motherboard.
corsair VS550 PSU