Can't access wireless LAN

I have a linksys wireless router connected to a desktop and I am try to
connect another deesktop & a laptop to it. The other desktop connects fine,
but althouigh the laptop connects to the Internet it does not connect to the
LAN and allow printer/file sharing.

I can ping the desktop from the laptop connected to the router but I can't
ping the laptop from the desktop..

Any ideas?
--
Neil B.

www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

Carey

"Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a linksys wireless router connected to a desktop and I am try to
> connect another deesktop & a laptop to it. The other desktop connects
> fine,
> but althouigh the laptop connects to the Internet it does not connect to
> the
> LAN and allow printer/file sharing.
>
> I can ping the desktop from the laptop connected to the router but I can't
> ping the laptop from the desktop..
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Neil B.

should help:

http://www.ezlan.net/

mike

"Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a linksys wireless router connected to a desktop and I am try to
> connect another deesktop & a laptop to it. The other desktop connects
fine,
> but althouigh the laptop connects to the Internet it does not connect to
the
> LAN and allow printer/file sharing.
>
> I can ping the desktop from the laptop connected to the router but I can't
> ping the laptop from the desktop..
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> Neil B.

Most of the advice recommends disably any wirewalls etc. My laptop came with
Norton Internet Securitry & Nortoin Anti-Virus software pre-loadede. Do you
know how I disable them? If I just click on Norton INternet Security &
choose "Allow Traffic" I can't access the Internet at all.

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>
> Carey
>
> "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a linksys wireless router connected to a desktop and I am try to
> > connect another deesktop & a laptop to it. The other desktop connects
> > fine,
> > but althouigh the laptop connects to the Internet it does not connect to
> > the
> > LAN and allow printer/file sharing.
> >
> > I can ping the desktop from the laptop connected to the router but I can't
> > ping the laptop from the desktop..
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > --
> > Neil B.

I don't see where the advice says to disable the firewalls. It says to
uninstall them.

Use Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel and please read the rest of the
directions more carefully, as computers are very finicky over exactness.

> Most of the advice recommends disably any wirewalls etc. My laptop came
> with
> Norton Internet Securitry & Nortoin Anti-Virus software pre-loadede. Do
> you
> know how I disable them? If I just click on Norton INternet Security &
> choose "Allow Traffic" I can't access the Internet at all.
>
> "Carey Holzman" wrote:
>
>> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
>>
>> Carey
>>
>> "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a linksys wireless router connected to a desktop and I am try to
>> > connect another deesktop & a laptop to it. The other desktop connects
>> > fine,
>> > but althouigh the laptop connects to the Internet it does not connect
>> > the
>> > LAN and allow printer/file sharing.
>> >
>> > I can ping the desktop from the laptop connected to the router but I
>> > can't
>> > ping the laptop from the desktop..
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> > --
>> > Neil B.

Disabling the Norton Firewall (which came pre-installed) did the trick.

Thanks for you help.

Neil

"Carey Holzman" wrote:

> I don't see where the advice says to disable the firewalls. It says to
> uninstall them.
>
> Use Add/Remove Progams in the Control Panel and please read the rest of the
> directions more carefully, as computers are very finicky over exactness.
>
> Carey
>
> "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Most of the advice recommends disably any wirewalls etc. My laptop came
> > with
> > Norton Internet Securitry & Nortoin Anti-Virus software pre-loadede. Do
> > you
> > know how I disable them? If I just click on Norton INternet Security &
> > choose "Allow Traffic" I can't access the Internet at all.
> >
> > "Carey Holzman" wrote:
> >
> >> www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm
> >>
> >> Carey
> >>
> >> "Neil B" <NeilB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

My pleasure. Thanks for letting me know.