Question Can't achieve a solid 144 fps with a gamer PC

eyboss

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
Ram: G.Skill DDR4 3600 16GB RipJaws V CL19 KIT (2x8GB)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X BOX (AM4) (with a bequiet! Dark Rock 4 cooler on it)
GPU: Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+ SE 8GB
PSU: Seasonic Focus 650 Gold Semi-modular
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 256GB
HDD: 1 TB WD

On youtube I've checked the games I play with, what is the amount of FPS I can expect from this PC. And I am not happy with it. In warzone, 1080p I get only around 70-140 fps. AVG: 95. (on youtube, and for my friends its avg. 130) Apex Legends, 1080p is the same, around 90-140, AVG: 105. On youtube its around 120-160 avg. I don't know what to do, I've spent a lot of money on this rig, and it's not any better than the preivous one. 3D Mark Benchmark point: 8818 (Gaming PC 2020 point is: 9216, with 3700x and the same card)

I turned on all cores in windows, tried to do stuff in the AMD Adrenalin software, OC'd the cpu in Ryzen Master, nothing seems to help. In Apex, it doesn't matter whether I'm on low graphics or ultra, I have basically the same FPS.

You have to be really careful how you compare to YT results,. Did they have the exact same spec, and exact same settings, including things like AA? It also of course depends whether you're comparing campaign play to campaign play, or MP play to MP play. It has to be same.

Also, the latest AMD GPUs, especially the 5000 series, was plagued with driver problems for well over 7 months, so make sure you get the right driver for it. I'm not even sure they holistically fixed the driver problem, it seemed to affect some builds more than others.

You could have at least linked the YT vdis you compared to so we could get a rough idea if the comparison you made was really reasonable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88

eyboss

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
You have to be really careful how you compare to YT results,. Did they have the exact same spec, and exact same settings, including things like AA? It also of course depends whether you're comparing campaign play to campaign play, or MP play to MP play. It has to be same.

Also, the latest AMD GPUs, especially the 5000 series, was plagued with driver problems for well over 7 months, so make sure you get the right driver for it. I'm not even sure they holistically fixed the driver problem, it seemed to affect some builds more than others.

You could have at least linked the YT vdis you compared to so we could get a rough idea if the comparison you made was really reasonable.

I have the latest drivers, and yes, they had the exact same spec (sometimes even a bit worse than mine), and they got way more FPS. I'm talking about multiplayer of course, and it's like my GPU is not using its full potential for some reason. I have enabled everything I could in windows settings to run in performance mode, nothing changes

I have the latest drivers, and yes, they had the exact same spec (sometimes even a bit worse than mine), and they got way more FPS. I'm talking about multiplayer of course, and it's like my GPU is not using its full potential for some reason. I have enabled everything I could in windows settings to run in performance mode, nothing changes
Well sorry, but I remain skeptical, especially since you didn't even verify if exact same settings were used, and that's a game that has a TON of them.

It's also because I've done a quick search on YT on CoD Warfare performance, plugging in your exact CPU, GPU, and RAM spec, and the results were nowhere near as high a FPS as you said. The settings also varied from one user to another , ranging all the way from Low Texture settings to all High settings.

When I see people make threads like this and they don't even mention what settings they're using or post links to the videos they referenced, I usually find flaws in their logic, it's just a fact not a judgement.

eyboss

Honorable
Jun 16, 2015
Well sorry, but I remain skeptical, especially since you didn't even verify if exact same settings were used, and that's a game that has a TON of them.

It's also because I've done a quick search on YT on CoD Warfare performance, plugging in your exact CPU, GPU, and RAM spec, and the results were nowhere near as high a FPS as you said. The settings also varied from one user to another , ranging all the way from Low Texture settings to all High settings.

When I see people make threads like this and they don't even mention what settings they're using or post links to the videos they referenced, I usually find flaws in their logic, it's just a fact not a judgement.
Listen, I've spent months of researching of this card and all the information I needed with games, and I'm very far from what I've seen in benchmarks. Avg of FPS with this card in 1080 Should be at least 130 for example in warzone, mine is 100. Also in Apex Legends it should be an avf of 140, mine is 120. GPU usage is around 70%. And the settings are the same, of course I make sure all the settings are the same, but I've never experienced this kind of problem with a GPU.

And the settings are the same, of course I make sure all the settings are the same, but I've never experienced this kind of problem with a GPU.
Like I said, I'd feel more comfortable if you actually SAID what exact settings you're using and post some simple links to those videos you compared to. It's the only way to be sure everyone is on the same page. There are a lot of possible variables with this kind of thing.

And if you HAVE actually done that much research on that GPU, you'd know it had a LONG period of unresolved driver issues. Whether those issues were actually fixed across all hardware spec remains to be seen AFAIK. I still consider it a risky model of GPU to go with, especially if you want consistently high FPS with a 144 Hz display.

Last edited:

Latest posts