Can't add 2560x1080

PawnMan

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
I just purchased a 25" monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1080. I also just purchased a new R9 295X2. This monitor is connected with a HDMI to MDP cord. It is also extended with another monitor.

For some reason the highest I can go is only 1920x1080. I tried going into CCC and adding a custom resolution but when I go to HDTV support but when I click "add", the screen is already full and it wont get any larger.

iamlegend

Admirable
lololol, have you updated your Driver into AMD omega? It is the latest driver with VSR support (same as Nvidia DSR) which you can have 4k resolution out of your 1080p monitor.

Download this latest driver and see if it will work. Good luck.

-Lone-

Admirable

Yeah, I tried that before, I was looking for MDP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0, they didn't have those versions. They probably it for HDMI 1.4, but I can't play games at 30fps.

PawnMan

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014

Okay I reinstalled the New Omega Driver and the highest I can still go is 1920x1080. What Can I do in CCC to try and get 2560x1080? I have googled far and high and even went into RegEdit.exe and still didn't work.

PawnMan

Reputable
Dec 10, 2014
Okay. I figured it out. MDP-HDMI does not support the resolution. Pretty sad it doesn't. Only a DVI cable does apparently. And make sure to disable "Alternate DVI Operational Mode" and enable "Reduce DVI Frequency on High Resolution Displays" or you will have flickering red pixels all over dark spots on your monitor.

-Lone-

Admirable

Well, I'm glad you resolved it, I always check the versions of the cables I'm buying before I get them :)