Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When I recently wanted to changed computer domains for many computers
in a network I can't open the add printer wizard and I can't the
following message:

Operation could not be completed

I checked just about everything possible but still am without success.
The printer spool service keeps stopping everytime I try to add a new
printer.

I even tried formatting my computer but as soon as I join the computer
to this domain I get the same error message.

please help!!!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Sounds like a corrupt registry print key to me. Here's a Microsoft Knowledge Base article that may help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757&Product=winxp A clean print key performs wonders sometimes!