Can't boot clean install of windows 10

May 6, 2018
Computer 1 is getting a new hard drive. I couldn't properly install Windows 10 on it so I put the drive in Computer 2. The install went well and it booted. I put the new drive back in Computer 1 and it won't boot.

Both computers have the same motherboard, bios, bios settings, etc.

Computer 1's existing hard drive boots just fine. It's just the new drive that won't boot to it for some reason. But it boots in another PC. I can't figure it out.

I tried booting from the USB recovery and running startup repair but it won't let me do that.

Solution
Huh. I did the same thing I tried before- installing on Computer 1. It kept restarting to the "install windows" deal so I yanked the USB and restarted (Like I've done about 20 times) and.... it worked. If doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is insanity then insanity fixes computers lol

USAFRet

Titan

Why couldn't you install and boot in the new hardware?
That is the issue you need to determine and fix.

May 6, 2018

I wish I knew. When Computer 1 restarted after the initial install process it didn't finish the installation.

May 6, 2018
Huh. I did the same thing I tried before- installing on Computer 1. It kept restarting to the "install windows" deal so I yanked the USB and restarted (Like I've done about 20 times) and.... it worked. If doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is insanity then insanity fixes computers lol

Solution